IT Systems Engineers are responsible for monitoring, installation, configuration, administration, troubleshooting and maintenance of technology solutions. IT Systems Engineers provide technical support, troubleshoot problem and perform scripting/programming to ensure stable and efficient operation of technology solutions.
• Performs installation, monitoring, testing, configuration, migration, maintenance and troubleshooting of assigned technology
• Manages system/application environment and ongoing operations
• Ensures that the technologies are updated with current, stable, and compliant architecture and applications that meet enterprise standards
• Researches, designs, implements and tests technology solutions
• Proactively monitors and reports performance and utilization of assigned technologies
• Troubleshoots software and/or hardware issues/failures
• Resolves alerts and performs remediation activities
• Manages problem or escalated tickets and tasks and out of cycle requests from systems/software owners
• Collects and presents data for reporting and planning
• Assists with developing tactical strategies, processes and procedures related to systems/application administration
• Determines migration and upgrade impacts and diagnose/resolve complex technology/application errors
• Collaborates with IT and business area partners on work groups and initiatives
• Determines best course of action for meeting business needs
• May provide input into infrastructure architecture designs
• Writes programming/scripting
• May participate in Disaster Recovery planning and exercises
• Ensures execution and alignment to architectural standards and blueprints.
• May contribute input to infrastructure architecture
• Performs on-call activities as needed for the environment and technologies
• Extensive working knowledge of multiple technologies and their interfaces and integration
• Competent working in one or more environments highly integrated with an operating system.
• Extensive experience implementing and administering/managing technical solutions in major, large-scale system implementations
• High critical thinking skills to evaluate alternatives and present solutions that are consistent with business objectives and strategy.
• Ability to manage tasks independently and take ownership of responsibilities
• Ability to learn from mistakes and apply constructive feedback to improve performance
• Ability to communicate technical information clearly and articulately
• Ability to adapt to a rapidly changing environment
• Experience analyzing business requirements and translating them into technical solutions
• Experience using Agile methodology
5-8 years of related work experience or equivalent combination of transferable experience demonstrating proficiency and experience in design, implementation, monitoring and troubleshooting technology
- 4 or more years of deploying services and supporting AWS Cloud and Azure Cloud (Expert working Knowledge in both Cloud providers is a must).
- 3 or more years of experience deploying and troubleshooting key cloud network technologies: Load balancer, Application load balancers, firewalls, etc.
- 3 or more years of experience of integration of solutions deployed in public clouds with on premise data centers, and with other public cloud providers.
- 3 or more years of Application Support
- 3 or more years of coding solutions and scripting processes for automation.
- 3 or more years of experience working with Microsoft Active Directory and/or other Identity Management solutions.
- 3 or more years of experience building solutions based on security, monitoring, logging, and alerting requirements
- Experience working closely with software developers, production support, and information security to automate and support infrastructure and tooling in cloud-based platforms
- Experience leveraging infrastructure-as-code (IaC) to architect and provision all workload resources and components using cloud-agnostic and/or cloud-native tooling. That includes proficiency in AWS CloudFormation, Terraform and Ansible development.
- Basic administration skills of Microsoft Windows Operating systems and Red Hat Linux Operating systems.
- Excellent collaborative skills and attitude.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to technical and non-technical audiences of various levels in the organization, e.g., executive, management, individual contributors
- Process oriented candidate who enjoys automating and willingly shares relevant technical and/or industry knowledge and expertise to other resources
- Excellent analytical, decision-making, problem-solving, team, and time management skills
- Ability to persuade and influence others on the best approach to take.
- Advanced Soft skills around working with people. Ability to listen and exhibit empathy in an effort to drive customer satisfaction.
Related Bachelor's degree in an IT related field or relevant work experience
AWS Architecture Professional
A Bachelor's degree in computer science or information systems Required, Master in Computer Science or Security desired.