The individual will work closely with other team members, application developers, and IT owners of the data sources. Individual will be responsible for providing user access to the data via reports, data extracts, and analysis tools such as Business Objects, the development of ETL components and for coding stored procedures. To be successful, the role will require the individual to have the ability to gather reporting requirements, design reports and release them into production.
• "Design, develop, and test Tableau ( Power BI ) scripts to import data from source systems and test Tableau ( Power BI) dashboards to meet customer requirements.
• Design, develop, test, implement, and support critical Business Intelligence ETL solutions into Tableau ( Power BI ) , sourcing data from multiple inputs to include the design and development of Toad and SQL server stored procedures, functions, views, and triggers used during the ETL process
• Partner with others to identify and implement the tools, technologies, applications and practices used to collect, integrate, analyze, and present a client organization’s data in order to create insightful and actionable business information; establish interactive visualizations and front-end software applications for client engagement
• Collaborate with others to write detailed technical specifications for entire systems (made up of several subsystems); identify integration points. Review technical specs created by other developers; ensure sufficient quality and compliance of documentation to architectural standards
( Power BI Development for PowerBI Dashboards)
• Experience with unit testing, release procedures, coding design and documentation protocol as well as change management procedures
• Demonstrated organizational, analytical and interpersonal skills
• Flexible team player
• Ability to manage tasks independently and take ownership of responsibilities
• Ability to learn from mistakes and apply constructive feedback to improve performance
• Must demonstrate initiative and effective independent decision-making skills
• Ability to communicate technical information clearly and articulately
• Ability to adapt to a rapidly changing environment
• In-depth understanding of the systems development life cycle
• Proficiency writing advanced queries in SQL, MySQL, Oracle DB, PostgreSQL, Cassandra, dBase, MS Access, etc
• Experience using Power BI for the creation and automation of enterprise scale dashboards, standard reports, scorecards, and ad-hoc reports
• Experience with advanced Power BI topics/issues such as complex calculations, LOD, table calculations, parameters, geographic mapping, and performance optimization
• Proficiency writing SQL queries using Toad or SQL Server applications within db2 or similar environments
• Strong business acumen with ability to develop and effectively communicate information and insights through analysis and decision-making based on both qualitative and quantitative data"
• Proficiency using standard desktop applications such as MS Suite and flowcharting tools such as Visio
• High critical thinking skills to evaluate alternatives and present solutions that are consistent with business objectives and strategy
The preferred qualifications listed below reflect desired knowledge, skill, and/or experience.
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
• Various Domain experience; Health Care, Financial, etc
• Experience using Agile, Waterfall, or hybrid methodology
• Specific tools, languages and specialty skills may vary
5-8 years of IT development/programming/coding professional work experience
** Power BI Development **
Advanced knowledge and experience with Power BI Reporting tool
Ability to create advanced dashboards using Power BI tool.
Experience with integrating Power BI dashboards with UI developed using React UI
Deep expertise with Power BI scripting, report development and publishing
Healthcare or Insurance experience preferred
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Mathematics or relevant work experience
Relevant Development certifications