IT Systems Engineers are responsible for monitoring, installation, configuration, administration, troubleshooting and maintenance of technology solutions. IT Systems Engineers provide technical support, troubleshoot problem and perform scripting/programming to ensure stable and efficient operation of technology solutions.
• Performs installation, monitoring, testing, configuration, migration, maintenance and troubleshooting of assigned technology
• Manages system/application environment and ongoing operations
• Ensures that the technologies are updated with current, stable, and compliant architecture and applications that meet enterprise standards
• Researches, designs, implements and tests technology solutions
• Proactively monitors and reports performance and utilization of assigned technologies
• Troubleshoots software and/or hardware issues/failures
• Resolves alerts and performs remediation activities
• Manages problem or escalated tickets and tasks and out of cycle requests from systems/software owners
• Collects and presents data for reporting and planning
• Assists with developing tactical strategies, processes and procedures related to systems/application administration
• Determines migration and upgrade impacts and diagnose/resolve complex technology/application errors
• Collaborates with IT and business area partners on work groups and initiatives
• Determines best course of action for meeting business needs
• May provide input into infrastructure architecture designs
• Writes programming/scripting
• May participate in Disaster Recovery planning and exercises
• Ensures execution and alignment to architectural standards and blueprints.
• May contribute input to infrastructure architecture
• Performs on-call activities as needed for the environment and technologies
• Extensive working knowledge of multiple technologies and their interfaces and integration
• Competent working in one or more environments highly integrated with an operating system.
• Extensive experience implementing and administering/managing technical solutions in major, large-scale system implementations
• High critical thinking skills to evaluate alternatives and present solutions that are consistent with business objectives and strategy.
• Ability to manage tasks independently and take ownership of responsibilities
• Ability to learn from mistakes and apply constructive feedback to improve performance
• Ability to communicate technical information clearly and articulately
• Ability to adapt to a rapidly changing environment
• Experience analyzing business requirements and translating them into technical solutions
• Experience using Agile methodology
his position is responsible for system administration for the Electronic Health Record including Production, Train and Quality Assurance (QA) environments This Information Services role has responsibility for implementations, upgrades, system, and interface configurations, as well as system maintenance duties. Also key to the role is help desk ticket management related to the EHR and interfaced 3rd party solutions. Additional responsibilities include daily system checks, trending and tracking.
The role also provides ongoing support and troubleshooting for system initiatives and change control involving collaboration with system vendors. This position also manages and supports roles-based access controls (RBAC), item keys and application-level security. Other key responsibilities include a focus on regulatory requirements. Role will also oversee same functions over other clinical systems and 3rd party vendor partnerships as assigned.
Primary Responsibilities and Specific Duties:
• Application Software Support
• Researches user reported "bugs" and enhancement requests, submits change requests to eClinical Works as appropriate, and performs all follow-up activities to assure satisfactory resolution.
• Identifies, communicates, and coordinates implementation of all system hardware and software enhancements and upgrades as requested by both internal users and external entities.
• Coordinates testing of new software releases and updates with the appropriate team members.
• Develops and implements a methodology for communicating system changes and events to system users. This includes designing and maintaining forms, templates and email correspondence related to the effective processing of user requests.
• Provides on call support as scheduled in order to meet the needs of system users.
• Provides support for table builds and maintenance for the eClinical Works system and other supported applications.
• System Integration
• Serves as a key technical resource for issues pertaining to eClinical Works and other vendor interfaces and data conversion processes
• Provides support for the eClinical Works application to other vendor system interfaces.
Adapt Technology to Business Needs
• Continually influences, enhances and improves eClinical Works utilization through technical innovation.
• Identifies and implements opportunities for improved system utilization.
• Participates in task forces or committees as the need arises.
• Develops and maintains policies and procedures to support the activities of the position.
• Utilizes effective critical thinking skills when resolving a technological or other type of problems.
• Responsible for the design, build, test and implementation of technical EHR system development initiatives including interfaces.
• Maintains the integrity of the EHR database files through coordinated activities.
• Acts as liaison to EHR software vendors and internal IT team.
• Provides application support by analyzing production problem/issues and providing a timely resolution for end users.
• Analyzes, identifies, and troubleshoots EMR- eClinical Works clinical system issues such as system down, slowness, and mapping issues.
• Provides configuration when setting up new providers and requesting licenses.
• Will assist in project tasks for implementations.
• Work with the ticketing system and documenting actions taken to resolve and address the issues.
• Maintain inventory of bugs that are encountered when troubleshooting.
• Assist in maintenance audits of the system. This includes all sections of the Enterprise Directory. (Users, facilities, pharmacies, resources, buckets, security roles, etc.)
• Researches functionality for new system enhancements and requirements.
• Maintains EHR systems security roles definitions through RBAC, security role names, activation, and employee assignments to security roles.
• Collaborates with managers to add or remove access as job responsibilities evolve. Keeps information current.
• Performs standard maintenance tasks which includes but is not limited to: periodic application updates, monitoring of application upgrades, and participation of application upgrades, enhancement implementation and infrastructure changes through testing and change control completion.
• Provides support to manager on the development of project plans and provides recommendations on resolution to system issues.
• Works cooperatively with privacy and security officer to ensure compliance with all existing and emerging requirements related to privacy and confidentiality of health information.
• Takes on special projects as assigned.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
8+ years of related work experience or equivalent combination of transferable experience demonstrating proficiency and experience in design, implementation, monitoring and troubleshooting technology
Related Bachelor's degree in an IT related field or relevant work experience