Java Developer (Closed)
SkillStorm is seeking a Java Developer for our client in Addison, TX OR Charlotte, NC. Candidates must be able to work on SkillStorm's W2; not a C2C position. EOE, including disability/vets.
- Be responsible for developing and delivering complex requirements in Java to accomplish business goals. Some key responsibilities of the role include ensuring that software is developed to meet functional, non-functional, and compliance requirements. This role ensures solutions are well designed with maintainability/ease of integration and testing built-in from the outset. This individual should possess strong proficiency in development and testing practices common to the industry, and have extensive experience of using design and architectural patterns.
Additional Job Responsibilities:
- Contribute to story refinement/defining requirements.
- Participate and guide team in estimating work necessary to realize a story/requirement through the delivery lifecycle.
- Perform spike/proof of concept as necessary to mitigate risk or implement new ideas.
- Code solutions and unit test to deliver a requirement/story per the defined acceptance criteria and compliance requirements.
- Utilize multiple architectural components (across data, application, and business) in design and development of client requirements.
- Assist team with resolving technical complexities involved in realizing story work.
- Design/develop/modify architecture components, application interfaces, and solution enablers while ensuring principal architecture integrity is maintained.
- Design/develop/maintain automated test suites (integration, regression, performance).
- Set up and develop a continuous integration/continuous delivery pipeline.
- Automate manual release activities.
- Mentor other Software Engineers and coach team on CI-CD practices and automating tool stack.
Technical Required Skills:
- Must have hands on work experience in workflow implementation using Authentication, Timer Events, Message Events, Subflows and event based transactions.
- Hands on work experience on JAVA, J2EE and Hibernate technologies.
- Experience in implementing application in Java using SpringBoot, Spring MVC etc.
- Experience in API implementation using RESTful and SOAP web services.
- Hands on experience in Struts, Spring and Spring Batch frame works.
- Hands on experience in using Tomcat and Jboss servers.
- Hands on experience in using Eclipse, Netbeans and Microsoft Visual Studio Code.
- Hands on experience in version control using GIT.
- Hands on experience in java build tools like ANT and MAVEN.
- Experience in using unit test frameworks like JUnit, DBUnit and API Automation Test suite implementation.
- Experience in writing SQLs and stored procedures in databases like Oracle.
- Experience in Rapid Application Development Flavor Agile Methodology (Scrum, Sprint Planning, Backlog Grooming and Sprint Retrospective, etc.)
- Experience in ‘Service Virtualization’ implementation for API testing.
- Experience in implementing CI/CD using Jenkins.
Skillsets Required (5-7 years):
- Spring boot