The IT Security Technical Writer responsibilities include preparing Information Security policies, procedures, standards, baselines, instruction manuals, journal articles, run books, and other supporting documents to communicate the information clearly, concisely, and accurately. The position will develop product/technical/procedural documentation to be provided to Information Technology and other business and functional areas throughout the organization. The purpose of this job is to understand the need individually for each Security process, solution, concept, tool and then create/maintain/support such documents entirely independently without any guidance.
• Interview SMEs (Subject Matter Experts), Technical Lead/Architect, Business Stakeholders, Development team, etc. to learn about solutions, concepts, processes, tools, and determine/establish set of technical documents that will be needed for documenting associated requirements, processes, and/or operations.
• Identify common user scenarios; apply critical thinking about types of information and delivery methods end users need to be successful; plan and design supporting user assistance.
• Gather/research/analyze required inputs and artifacts from SMEs (Subject Matter Experts), Technical Lead/Architect, Product Owner, Business Stakeholders, software developers, QA Analysts, Project Consultants and use that to design, develop and publish the identified set of technical documents. Coordinate technical and quality assurance reviews to ensure the quality of the deliverables.
• Manage distribution and review of documents.
• Enhance, maintain documents and manage distribution of documents on ongoing basis.
• Perform functional role of IT Systems Analyst as needed.
• Strong technical writing, editing and proofreading skills
• Ability to organize and create smart structured digital content with embedded linked topics
• Strong written communication, oral communication, inter-personnel skills with attention to details.
• Strong analytical/problem solving and organization skills.
• Thorough understanding of technical aspects of Information Technology and Information Security including principles, functions, tools, and solutions.
• Highly self-motivated, independent and adaptable to learning and understanding new technologies
• Able to effectively prioritize and manage multiple tasks to meet aggressive timelines
• Must be able to present a portfolio of writing samples and/or previous work experience.
• Health care industry experience preferred
• Experience doing technical analysis/documentation work
3-5 years of related work experience or equivalent combination of transferable experience
Core experience must include the creation of professional Information Security and Information Technology policies, procedures, and various other technical documents (security baselines, run books, training material, quick-reference guide etc.)
Related Bachelor's degree in Technical Writing, Information Systems or the equivalent or relevant work experience