IT Developers are responsible for the development, programming, and coding of Information Technology solutions. They will engage in all phases of the software development life-cycle which include: gathering and analyzing user/business system requirements, responding to outages and creating application system models. IT Developers are responsible for documenting detailed system specifications and will participate in evaluating, conducting performance testing, and all planned and unplanned maintenance for both internally developed applications and purchased products. Participate in design meetings and consult with clients to refine, test and debug programs to meet business needs and interact and sometimes direct third party partners in the achievement of business and technology initiatives. IT Developers are responsible for including IT Controls to protect the confidentiality, integrity, as well as availability of the application and data processed or output by the application.
• Experience with unit testing, release procedures, coding design and documentation protocol as well as change management procedures
• Proficiency using versioning tools: GIT, GNU, RCS, SCCS, CVS, SVN, Mercurial, Monotone, etc
• Demonstrated organizational, analytical and interpersonal skills
• Flexible team player
• Ability to manage tasks independently and take ownership of responsibilities
• Ability to learn from mistakes and apply constructive feedback to improve performance
• Must demonstrate initiative and effective independent decision-making skills
• Ability to communicate technical information clearly and articulately
• Ability to adapt to a rapidly changing environment
• In-depth understanding of the systems development life cycle
o May include languages such as; Hadoop, Storm, Spark, Kafka, Hive, NFI, Scoop, etc
o May include database knowledge in; SQL, MySQL, Oracle DB, PostgreSQL, Cassandra, dBase, MS Access, etc
• Proficiency using standard desktop applications such as MS Suite and flowcharting tools such as Visio
• Proficiency using debugging tools; Advanced Debugger, Allinea DDT, AQtime,, ARM, CA/EZTEST, etc
• High critical thinking skills to evaluate alternatives and present solutions that are consistent with business objectives and strategy
• Troubleshoot Issues:
When a production issue happens, must act quickly to analyze the issue, understand the data, look at the transactions, and find the root cause of the problem. Should be able to develop a solution themselves or pass the problem on to application development team, all the while providing users with progress updates.
• Contribute to Application Development:
Participate in all stages of the application development process, including designing, building, and testing. Create useful tools to automate recurring processes.
• Assist Users:
Assist application users and collaborate with other application development teams to resolve the issues. In all of these cases, it’s vital to address concerns promptly and maintain a helpful attitude.
• Prepare Technical Documentation:
Prepare extensive documentation when logging product issues, as they must note all details, including their observations, diagnoses, and action steps. Other common tasks include weekly reports summarizing production performance, application metrics, release notes for upgrades, and troubleshooting guides.
• Suggest Improvements:
Based on production issues they should also proactively provide recommendations to increase application efficiency.
The preferred qualifications listed below reflect desired knowledge, skill, and/or experience.
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
• Various Domain experience; Health Care, Financial, etc
• Experience using Agile, Waterfall, or hybrid methodology
• Specific tools, languages and specialty skills may vary
3-5 years of IT development/programming/coding professional work experience
• Ability to learn new technologies as needed
• Technical; Java and related frameworks, React, Java Script, SQL, Database (Postgres, SQL Server),
• Technical; ETL, SQL, Database (Postgres, SQL Server)
• Understanding of Batch processes, accessing Linux server to monitor the behavior
• Customer service – Communication, follow up through resolution.
• Attention to detail
• Multitasking – ability to work on multiple issue and customers at any time
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Mathematics or relevant work experience
Relevant Development certifications