Infrastructure Project Manager (Closed)
SkillStorm is seeking an Infrastructure Project Manager for our client in Charlotte, NC OR Richardson, TX. Candidates must be able to work on SkillStorm's W2; not a C2C position. EOE, including disability/vets.
- Project management oversight for infrastructure service solutions including network, midrange server, storage, capacity planning, and monitoring. Working with Environments Management, Release Management, Performance Testing, Capacity Management, and other teams to deliver Pre Prod and Production environments. Performs capital forecasting, planning and procurement for infrastructure products and services
- Provides technology estimates for resources and capital supporting client initiatives Management of WBS, Milestones, status reporting, risks/issue management and mitigation Coordinates with design teams, build teams, application teams, Network Services for new technology solutions
- Demonstrates an understanding of customer’s tactical goals and effectively participates in the development and implementation of business solutions. Manages project risk through comprehensive mitigation assessment and planning techniques. Actively manages the work efforts of multiple functional resources through the project plan.
- Establishes basic scope control procedures. Develops documentation; monitors and reports project status; assesses the effectiveness and accuracy of documentation. Initiates and maintains reporting relationships with project stakeholders including team members, peers, managers, customers, vendors, and other affected departments to coordinate efforts across multiple business units and ensure continuous efficient management of projects; gathers input and feedback.
- Analyzes and reports project status and research information; monitors project performance to maintain the quality of services, deliverables, and content. Effectively assists in directing both internal and external resources to achieve business solutions within project guidelines.
- Responds to operational issues and RFI’s within defined areas of responsibility while progressing on project work. Collaborates and communicates with other project managers and leaders to coordinate cross-project initiatives and activities. Identify and eliminate obstacles to solution plans, business goals or implementation. Assists in the development and implementation of contingency plans. Assist in the development of project budgets in compliance with the company’s financial practices. 4 year degree. 3 years plus experience in project management.