Federal Contracts Capture Manager (Closed)
SKillStorm is actively seeking a Federal Contracts Capture Manager to sit in our Corporate office in Florida, or the DC/Baltimore area (flexible for the right candidate).
If you answer yes to these questions, please apply!
Do you want to be part of the leadership team in a rapidly growing tech company and earn equity?
Do you want to be part of a dynamic team? Do you want to be able to sell multiple tech offerings into the federal government?
At SkillStorm we recruit, hire, train, upskill, and deploy entry-to-senior-level domestic tech talent at your site or in our US delivery centers.
SkillStorm provides upskilling and reskilling to large corporate clients and, through its partners, to the federal government. We collaborate with clients to build and deploy a reliable, exclusive pipeline of high-quality U.S.-based tech talent with the skills and clearance levels required to support critical technology initiatives.
Our Capture Manager will be a key member of the Growth Team and will contribute directly to our goal of cultivating new customer relationships through the planning and execution of thorough capture strategies. Our Capture manager will be responsible for planning, developing, qualifying and collecting business intelligence on qualified opportunities working across our Federal account team. You will report directly to the Chief Executive Officer.
- Our Federal contracts require that you be a U.S. Citizen to be eligible for employment.
- All work must be conducted within the U.S.
- As a government contractor, all hires may be required to meet additional pre-employment contingencies to the extent required by applicable law, at the time of hire or any time thereafter.
What You'll Do:
- Primarily responsible for identifying new business opportunities in the government market.
- Develops and maintains a pipeline of new business opportunities sufficient to meet the company’s government revenue targets, meet established pipeline metrics, and achieve annual booking target related to new business growth.
- Develop, manage, and execute comprehensive and thorough capture plans following Capture Management best practices.
- Work within the Federal account team to shape acquisition strategies; develop client and industry call plans; lead competitive intelligence development; facilitate sessions to define win themes and key differentiators; and provide input for effective price to win analysis.
- Collaborate with subject matter experts, solution architects, and program and project managers to generate solutions that address client needs and expectations.
- Draft proposals and respond to RFIs, RFPs, and sources sought announcements.
- Research, identify, meet, and negotiate teaming agreements with partners
- Lead gate reviews, participate in technical, management, and pricing strategy development and reviews, and evaluate proposal readiness activities to ensure a seamless transition to proposal management operations.
- Coordinates with other parts of the organization.
- Communicate clearly with the Senior Executives of the company on the status of capture strategies, to include activities, risks, blockers, and support needed to continue to best position SkillStorm for a win.
- Evangelize and represent the SkillStorm core values, pledge and mission throughout your work.
What You'll Bring:
- Proven experience leading and winning government contracts with knowledge of respective acquisition/procurement policies and regulations
- Passion for addressing the challenges government agencies face with digital solutions.
- Mindset of focusing on growth in a dynamic remote work environment, thriving in a matrix team.
- Highly collaborative with functional teams to deliver on our mission to empower government customers to deliver superior digital services.
- Demonstrates excellent problem solving, strategic thinking, facilitation, and business acumen to construct strategies to best position SkillStorm to win new work in the Federal Tech agency environment
- Proven experience of winning complex, full and open, Prime opportunities in the Federal Tech environment
Operations and Processes:
- Supports consistency and best practices throughout the Growth lifecycle.
- Demonstrates excellent research, writing, and organizational skills, with the ability to synthesize large amounts of information into recommendations and action in addition to excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Exhibits a collaborative and engaging work style with a self-driven mentality.
- Identifies and mitigates risks as they arise.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 10 years in Federal government contracting
- 5 years’ experience as a Capture Manager
- Proven experience capturing opportunities in the Federal civilian market valued over $5 million
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Strong interpersonal communication
- Team leadership
- Project management
- Deep relationship in the Federal government and the contracting community
- Strong written communication
- Organizational process improvement and process design
- Experience with CRM systems
- Highly proficient with the MS Office suite
- Metrics and performance management
- Agile business process management and improvement
- Competitive Salary + Bonus
- Company-Subsidized Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Vanguard 401K Plan
- Continuing Education
- Employee incentive plan
SkillStorm LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, pregnancy, disability, work-related injury, covered veteran status, political ideology, marital status, or any other factor that the law protects from employment discrimination.