VMWare System Administrator - Mid (Closed)
VMware System Administrator - Mid
Experience: Must have a minimum of 4 years of experience supporting server virtualization technology, specializing in VMware systems. Must have experience supporting system operations.
Additional Qualifications or Experience:
- Defines and analyzes architecture to establish operating conditions, conducts tests, defines and analyzes engineering proposals, and related technical data to determine the feasibility of developing new capabilities and/or modifying existing capabilities.
- Work as part of a wider operations team and act as technical lead.
- The candidate should be proficient with Systems Engineering Lifecycle (SELC) processes and practices, Change Management practices, and collaborates with various Integrated Product Teams (IPTs), Project Teams, and Government entities.
- VMware administration responsible for configuration, maintenance, monitoring, and overall support of multiple VMware environments
- Setup, install, configure, and triage ESXi Hosts (Rack Mount and Blade Servers).
- Maintain and restore VM backups and snapshots
- Detects, isolates, documents, reports, and resolves system outages or problems encountered during operations of the operational baseline, which includes collecting diagnostic data, restore the system operation, developing workarounds, and other activities necessary for the recovery of a system
- Performs system monitoring, analyzing, documenting performance, and conducting trend analysis as required
- Manage system requirements and derived requirements to ensure the system is compatible with defined architecture and meets customer needs.
- Develop technical documentation, including SOPs, user guides, test plans, disaster recovery, failover
- Participate in an On-Call coverage for after hours and weekends support
- Develop use cases into high-quality solutions
- Define project requirements/issues/constraints with PMs.
- Demonstrated ability and experience in customer-facing positions.
- Strong documentation and technical writing skills
- Adaptable and progressive learner with the ability to explain complex technical concepts to a variety of audiences.
- Ability to work independently and work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Multiple years of actively delivering IT automation / scripted infrastructure projects ideally based on VMware technologies.
- Expertise on VMware Virtual Infrastructure Deployment, Management & Administration: vSphere/vCenter is a strict minimum, vRealize Operations Manager, SRM, vCloud Director, vRealize Automation Center, vRealize Orchestrator
- Familiarity with modern IT infrastructure (Server, Storage, Network and IT Security) and hosting operation (Disaster recovery, SLA, Backup, Multi Site, Monitoring, AD & DNS...)
Certification and Education
- Bachelor’s degree as a minimum or demonstrate equivalent experience.
- Currently holds the VCP 5.x and / or 6.x certification and ideally holds VMware VCAP/VCIX certifications
Contract job in Washington DC