Virtualization Engineer (Closed)
SkillStorm is seeking a Virtualization Engineer for our client in Richardson, TX OR Charlotte, NC. Candidates must be able to work on SkillStorm's W2; not a C2C position. EOE, including disability/vets.
- Platform Engineering is currently seeking an experienced Senior Virtualization Engineer to support our mission of providing fast and reliable Hosted Virtual Desktop Automation solutions to the enterprise. As part of the automation team, you will be responsible for full stack development, deployment, and operations support of our virtual platform automation infrastructure. Coding and workflow development leveraging C#/PowerShell/SQL or similar languages is foundational to the position. In addition, a willingness to work with other teams to debug and resolve production issues is integral to the success of our team.
- 3-5 years of Hands-on design, build, deployment and support of production code
- Design and implement front end UI that permit independent releases and rollbacks.
- Support and deployment of Pre-prod and production environments
- Total comfort leveraging JIRA and Confluence for documenting architectural and development decisions .
- Proven ability to consume and create secure RESTful APIs.
- Understanding of software and/or application lifecycle
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Information Security or related field experience
- Prior work experience in an operations role is a plus
- Networking knowledge DNS, DHCP, IPAM, VLAN/VXLAN, Virtual switch/NIC configuration is a plus
- vRealize Network Insight, vRealize Log Insight, vRealize Operatons experience is a plus
- DevOPs deployment: Bitbucket
- Splunk Troubleshooting
- Microservice Design
- Postman Usage