Teradata / ETL Developer (Closed)
SkillStorm is seeking a Teradata / ETL Developer for our client in Charlotte, NC. Candidates must be able to work on SkillStorm's W2; not a C2C position. EOE, including disability/vets.
- Provide hands-on experience in carrying out all activities of project life cycle starting with requirements analysis, through system design, development, coding, testing, and implementation using Agile (Kanban) processes, methodologies, and tools. Heavy focus on the development of Teradata SQL code to deliver ready to use data as the core input to management reporting.
- Strong application development skills related to data mart management
- Foundational development knowledge to support modeling, reporting and analytics
- Provide consultative capability in addressing complex business issues, data investigation, user research requests
- Highly proficient with Teradata SQL in performing ETL, building tables and views, organizing data into usable and ready to access data for reporting and analytics
- Proficient with korn shell (ksh) in a Linux environment
- Knowledge of BTEQ
- Knowledge of SAS
- Experience with process scheduling tools (Autosys)
- Proficient with base MS-Office products; Outlook, Word, Excel, Powerpoint
- Prior experience with bank data sources (for internal candidates)
- Prior experience with Autosys scheduling, specifically JIL coding language
- Experience with SAS coding or supporting customers whom us SAS as a primary tool to access data, as some of our business partners will provide code using SAS wrapper
- Knowledge of Hadoop development tools will be a key requirement as we migrate to Hadoop (Python, Hive, Spark, Sqoop, Splunk, or similar tools)
- Familiarity/prior experience with AGILE tools and methodologies, use of Jira, knowledge of Story development and organization from business requirements.