Technical Project Manager
SkillStorm is seeking a Technical Project Manager for our client in Jersey City, NJ. Candidates must be able to work on SkillStorm's W2; not a C2C position. EOE, including disability/vets.
- Position is and an Agile Project Manager of highly technical work in the Network Services group. Job requires experience in the basic PM skills (task planning, coordination, issues management, etc.). In addition to the typical PM skills of task coordination, the candidate would have Subject Matter Expertise and background in Scrum and Agile methodologies inclusive of:
- Agile Certification (CSM, SAFE or equivalent)
- 1-3 years of working knowledge and experience with tools like Jira and Confluence
- The candidate should have experience working in a Network Services environment, with familiarity regarding related technologies, inclusive of monitoring systems, network automation technologies, and application analysis/development environments. The ideal candidate also demonstrates the following attributes:
- Leadership – Courage to make hard decisions, hold people accountable, recognize the grey. Not everything will always be black and white and they can’t be paralyzed by that.
- Communication – Speaks clearly, concisely, and knows the audience. Uses proper grammar. Can recognize when less is more, and when more is needed.
- Scheduling – Understands dependencies and the difference between critical path deliverables and those that are not. Understands the impacts of schedule delays on financials, risk, and strategy and can balance the need for escalation with non-impacting schedule misses, and escalate appropriately when necessary or manage it independently when escalation is not needed.
- Risk Management – Understands risk criteria and always considers risk, but is not crippled by risk adversity. Balances the need to act with the need to be risk adverse and knows when the risk can be taken vs when it’s a bad idea. Is not afraid to make a bad decision because they are confident and understand the risks, but learns from the bad decisions made and does not repeat them.
- Critical Thinking – Has the ability to analyze complex data from multiple sources and objectively make reasoned judgment.
- Task Management – Understands the work that needs to get done, the resources completing the work, and aligns tasks to the right people, even if the right person occasionally isn’t in that particular role.
Application Architect V
Contract job in Jersey City