Systems Engineer (Closed)
SkillStorm is seeking a Systems Engineer for our client in Richmond, VA OR Charlotte, NC OR Richardson, TX. Candidates must be able to work on SkillStorm's W2; not a C2C position. EOE, including disability/vets.
- Resource will deploy code changes to the test and production environments using the deploy toolset Ansible Tower and XL Release. Will also provide support to the Release Management team during production release events. Additional duties include tracking/updating problem tickets using JIRA and ALM/MLQC, working with support teams to triage/fix issues with the deployments, and creating/updating documentation to support team functions. Working release weekends is expected (~once a month).
- Hands on working windows 2012/2016 server.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows server Operating System and Infrastructure: SAN, filesystems, debugging server and service issues in single and multi-tier system and application architectures
- Exposure and/or hands-on knowledge of IAAS infrastructure
- Knowledge and working experience on Application Environments: WebSphere, Tomcat, JBOSS, etc.
- Agile Software Delivery and Continuous Integration and Delivery: Git/Bitbucket/SVN, Jenkins, JFrog Artifactory, Ansible, XLRelease, etc.
- Able to work on Databases: Query and updates
- Computer networking skills and working knowledge: Load balancers, firewall, etc.
- Good knowledge of Unix/Linux operating systems with hands on experience in Java/unix combination– cd/tail/ls/vi/ssh/ps/telnet etc
- Degree in Computer Science, Electronics, Communication, Information Technology.
- Experience with J2EE application servers and webservers - IHS, TOMCAT, WebSphere, JBOSS (websphere and jboss is a plus)
- Understanding/experience with web application communication protocols - SOAP, HTTP, XML etc
- Understanding of web application architecture
- Ability to troubleshoot and analyze enterprise java applications- end to end flow
- Good Database experience – Comfortable using/writing SQL queries
- Exposure with troubleshooting issues related to Routers/dns/vip/firewall/ports etc
- Basic knowledge on SDLC tools like perforce, uDeploy etc
- Basic knowledge on MQ’s
- Scripting or coding skills a plus - Shell scripting/perl/java
- Linux/Unix Administration
- Ansible, Bladelogic, CAIL, Splunk
Contract job in Washington DC
Contract job in DC
Direct Hire job in McLean