SQL Database Developer (Closed)
SkillStorm is seeking a SQL Database Developer for our client in Charlotte, NC OR Richardson, TX OR Richmond, VA. Candidates must be able to work on SkillStorm's W2; not a C2C position. EOE, including disability/vets.
- Experienced MS SQL database developer who will be responsible for developing / maintain TSQL code. 5+ years of full time experience as MS SQL / TSQL Developer with stored procedures, views, triggers, cursors, tables and index creation. Experience with Autosys, BIDS/SSIS, TFS, Bit Bucket, C# and familiarity with object oriented database design and development. Experience in database and query optimization will be important. Must have familiarity with IT Infrastructure management domain. Candidate Expected to have good communication and documentation skills. Solid understanding of data architecture, efficient database design, writing complex queries and query tuning and troubleshooting. Resource will be responsible for creating the table structures and will process data that is required to meet a critical reporting need within the technology group. In addition, resource should able to work independently with minimal guidance, in understanding requirements provided by Business Analysts and writing ETL programs to source data from upstream database systems as well as data sourced with various file formats such xml, csv etc.
- 7+ years’ full time experience in MS SQL development
- MSSQL Server 2012 or higher
- SSIS (SQL Server Integration Services)
- SSRS (SQL Server Reporting Services)
- Hadoop Hive
- PySpark & Python Development
- Bit Bucket
- Visual Studio 2015 or higher
- Writing complex queries and query tuning and troubleshooting
- Ability to write complex stored procedures, functions as well as support/enhance existing
- Ability to create/modify database schema, tables, indexes, etc.
- Knowledge of Indexes, cursors, triggers
- Experience working with partitioned tables and other database design patterns
- SQL Database backup, restore experience with working knowledge of log shipping, log mirroring
- SQL code optimization, tuning with ability to work with large datasets
- Extensive knowledge of Data transformation and validation
- ETL Processing (Autosys Preferred)
- Experience with Hadoop-Hive /PySpark / Python development is desired.
- Good to have: C# scripting, Tableau