Solutions Delivery Coordinator (Closed)
SkillStorm is seeking a Solutions Delivery Coordinator for our client in Charlotte, NC. Candidates must be able to work on SkillStorm's W2; not a C2C position. EOE, including disability/vets.
- This is a cross functional program / project management position.
- The role of the Solutions Delivery Coordination is to be accountable and to coordinate cross functional, multiple phase network implementations, engineering support, and service delivery work. They direct tasks, decipher requirements, manage communications and updates, escalates/takes escalations, tracks and manages synergies and dependencies supporting network implementation deliverables. The Solutions Delivery Coordinator works closely with assigned Release Managers, Engineers, Program and Project Managers and other support and service providers. The Solutions Delivery Coordinator focuses and forecasts the delivery track of multi-phase work against change and release calendar(s).
- Key to this role is having a “better than general” understanding of networking technologies and functions including Operations, Architecture and Engineering, Product and Service Management, Business Services and Finance. The Solutions Delivery Coordinator must be mindful of how their role impacts the firm’s business and reputation. Concepts such as driving value, always delivering quality, keeping commitments, being on-time and under-budget, effective and detailed communications and understanding how their work impacts how the firm competes in the marketplace are important. Managing time is critical, developing and managing task efficiently is the key to success.
- This role is part of a global solutions and service delivery organization. This position will interface directly with internal and external customers/suppliers/providers, Architecture, Product Engineering, Design/Implementation engineering, Release & Deployment Management, Change, Service and Product Management, finance / business management, and Operations teams. At times, they may interface with various levels of senior management. Strong written, verbal and presentation skills are a must. The candidate must be able to work on their own and successfully in team settings in various sizes and locations. Adherence and use of standards, product sets, templates, systems and artifacts are important to the success of the engineer, the department and the firm at large.
- Ability to manage Network technical/engineering/implementation resource tasks and service delivery. This includes FTE/FTC/vendors and partners.
- The candidate must have excellent client interfacing skills, vendor/third-party resources, strong verbal and written communication skills and ability to work with all levels of management. Candidate should have experience operating with colleagues across different time zones with a flexible approach to working hours (ability to work varied hours and weekends a must) to successfully interact and communicate on a global level) if needed.
- Accountable to manage the “end or end” technical or solution delivery of assigned tasks partnering with Network architecture and engineering, Release & Deployment Management implementation teams, program/project manager or directly with the requestor. Takes direct accountability for the assigned resources and all assigned work tasks.
- Must have the ability to understand and translate business requirements into engineering and or implementation details. Develops, tracks, reports and manages delivery tasks.
- Anticipates and proactively resolves issues and conflicts within and between delivery teams and all other stakeholders. Provides regular and pro-active status to management. Escalates as needed or as appropriate.
- Advocate on behalf of our team, ensures we communicate/report statuses, issues, positions effectively and in a clear way.
- Works with the various program/project managers to establish release/impact/risk trackers and calendars for the work they are accountable for. Work with other program/project managers and the engineering and delivery teams (i.e. field services) to understand internal/external and associated dependencies. Reacts to them proactively and effectively.
- Identifies and/or challenges schedules that could create collisions and conflicts; evaluates all recommended changes and ensures implementation schedules do not interfere with business operations/other changes.
- Works with engineering/implementation to ensure that all the necessary documentation has been successfully completed for each release and task.
- Works with engineering/implementation to raise Request for Change (CRQ) for engineering specific changes.
- Maintains 100% compliance to all firm-wide Change Management policies (pre, during and post change).
- Participates in incident and problem analysis for possible consequences of a change and its implementation.
Desired Job Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, computer science, business, or a finance related field/technical training.
- Must have strong analytical skills. Continuous process improvement mindset.
- Minimum of 7 to 10 years experience required in technical service delivery, program/project management supporting infrastructure.
- Experience with managing program/project financial estimates and ongoing financial forecasting of expenditures.
- Industry Certifications in PMP, CSM (Certified Scrum Master) are strongly preferred, technical certifications such as CCNA are a plus.
- Financial services (Insurance, Banking, Investment banking), is a plus.
- Ability to be nimble and flexible; prioritize workload, proactively react to issues, and consistently react to shifting deadlines.