Risk Manager (Closed)
SkillStorm is seeking a Risk Manager for our client in Charlotte, North Carolina. Candidates must be able to work on SkillStorm's W2; not a C2C position. EOE, including disability/vets.
- Client is looking for an individual responsible for advocating a strong risk management culture and discipline to ensure capabilities are in place to drive execution of the portfolio’s Risk/Compliance delivery. Uses Enterprise and/or specific processes and tools in order to ensure adherence to Enterprise policies and standards for the Fulfillment & Servicing Platform & Partner App teams. This includes monitor and testing of key controls across high risk functions, Issue management, and Audit, Regulatory and SOX exam coordination and support. Identify issues and/or control improvements for remediation, while assisting in building out actions plans and milestones. Also identifying all Not Permitted Tools and Technologies, building remediation plans engaging Development and TI teams where necessary. Monitors and drives the closure of Global Information Security vulnerabilities. Individual will also help improve stability by working with production support teams, development, and business partners.
- Be part of the development of ad hoc scenarios + time sensitive analysis of risks; including patching and remediation of application environments.
- Broaden the range of scenarios/sensitivities to understand the impacts of risk across multiple platforms and collaborate across multiple teams and stakeholders to manage risk deliverables.
- Support Bank of America’s Risk Framework and enable strong operational risk management; Identify, Escalate and Debate risks.
- Document, debate, and manage the performance of issues and risks within the portfolio.
- Assist business and process owners with assessing compliance to control requirements and their performance.
- Identify opportunities for streamlining and improving risk management processes; ability to partner across multiple divisions to execute.
- Focus on improving production stability working with Production support partners and developers within the team.
- Agile tools (Jira)
- The strongest candidates will have a love for problem solving, great partnership and communication skills, deep operational subject matter expertise, and the ability to envision, communicate and execute strategic planning and remediation of issues.
- Minimum 5-8 years technology risk and control experience required.
- Excellent inter-personal, communication, negotiation, and influencing skills; proven experience in communicating to peers and leaders.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with external stakeholders, while managing compressed timelines.
- Digital Channels technology background strongly preferred.
- Ability to manage competing priorities.
- Demonstrates increasing levels of accountability and ownership.
- Prior Audit experience strongly preferred.
- Working knowledge of general bank policies, programs and procedures.
- Ability to develop concise and effective presentations.
- Demonstrated leadership of process improvement.
- Strong background in technology risk and controls.
- Exposure to common RDBMS such as Oracle, SQL Server, or DB2.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills to break down requirements and find efficient solutions.
- Java/Java EE application development exposure.