Release Train Engineer (Closed)
SkillStorm is seeking a Release Train Engineer for our client in Charlotte, NC OR Addison, TX. Candidates must be able to work on SkillStorm's W2; not a C2C position. EOE, including disability/vets.
- This role is responsible for enabling teams, Agile Release Train, and organizations to learn, implement, and mature Lean-Agile principles and practices with a focus on Lean Portfolio Management. Key responsibilities include training and coaching teams and lead roles on Agile and modern engineering practices. This role empowers Portfolios to become self-managing, fulfill their cross-functional potential, and have an attitude of relentless improvement. They guide and support the transformation to Lean-Agile, educating leaders on the mindset.
- Responsibilities include the ability to understand complex problems and negotiate practical working solutions across organizational boundaries. The ideal candidate will have experience managing large technology portfolios and programs, creating and maintaining process and training material on newly defined processes (e.g. persona driven process maps, intake mgmt., project planning, roadmaps, training material, interdependency management, tracking of targeted business outcomes and associated metrics). Includes articulating and presenting to audiences at all levels and ability to multi-task and collaborate in a fast-paced environment.
- Perform hands-on training/coaching to teams in all aspects of Lean-Agile.
- Lead roles, teams, and organizations to embrace a Lean-Agile and learning mindset.
- Provide guidance about how to create and manage an intake process, healthy backlog, and how to facilitate valuable Agile ceremonies.
- Help align teams to enterprise Agile standards and practices, and coach team members through change.
- Facilitate discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution within and across teams.
- Help to identify and resolve organizational impediments that impact team maturity and performance.
- Provide feedback to management regarding the progress of Agile adoption within their teams.
- Help form and sustain Agile Communities of Practice, and participate in the Agile Center of Excellence.
- Agile Coach
- Deep understanding and experience with the Scaled Agile framework
- Ability to gain consensus with senior leaders having competing priorities, processes, and personalities
- Proven experience leading enterprise level initiatives that span multiple organizations
- Experience with developing tools to automate and streamline program processes
- A good knowledge of the techniques for planning, monitoring and controlling portfolios and programs
- Advanced working knowledge of the Atlassian products and tools, including JIRA, JQL, and Wiki
- Attention to detail and ability to manage multiple stakeholder groups simultaneously
- Strong background in rationalization and sequencing of cross organizational portfolios and programs
- Strong experience and knowledge of both waterfall and lean agile methodologies
- Scaled Agile LPM and/or SPC certification, or the ability to obtain within 60 days