Release / Change Manager (Closed)
SkillStorm is seeking a Release / Change Manager for our client in Charlotte, NC. Candidates must be able to work on SkillStorm's W2; not a C2C position. EOE, including disability/vets.
- Sitting within the Data Management organization the Release Management position will have responsibility for leading a portfolio of applications through release changes. Must have an in-depth understanding of Release and Change processes to deliver release events. Must be able to partner across lines of business, application development, Agile, quality assurance, and other technology partners.
- Project Deployment Management and with strong technical/ software knowledge to support weekly and monthly release events across Data Management organization
- Provide Oversight and Support of Project and Application code & configurations from Lower Level Environments to Production
- Create, Coordination and Review of Remedy Change Requests (CRQ) records, Represent/Approve CRQ’s with Enterprise Change Review Boards
- Responsible for broad knowledge of ITIL/change policies including waterfall and agile development methodologies including Lean IT
- Responsible for broad knowledge of the environments, tools, processes utilized by the portfolio teams to develop, test, and plan changes
- Participate in release control to complete production release events - average 10 days in duration and require working a minimum of 1 weekend a month
- Act as liaison to other change and release teams across RPSWT
- Partner with CIO Teams - Application Managers & Leads, Release Train Engineers, Product & Project Owners and Testing Team
- Partner with CTI Teams – Service Delivery, Infrastructure Engineering, Deployment/DES, WebSphere, Database, MQ, Mainframe, Midrange, GIS, WLM, and Performance Testing
- Responsible for executing Lean Agile model. Will be responsible for coordinating activities, writing emails, IMs, project documents, taking minutes, creating dashboards and other support activities related to release management events.
- 3 to 5 years of experience in Release and Change Management Processes
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Strong leadership and negotiation skill
- Excellent oral, written, and presentation skills
- Strong ability to work in person, virtually, and in a globally-staffed environment
- Adept at influencing, leading, and communicating effectively across technology peers, business units, managers, senior leadership, and management
- Adept at handling multiple tasks and pivots fluidly to support daily changing requirements
- Broad knowledge of the Lean TI/SDLC/ITIL/JIRA/Change policy, processes, environments, and tools as well as the production risk control framework.
- Knowledge of Database Technologies including DB2 (mainframe), Oracle (midrange), MEMSQL
- Middleware technologies including IBM Websphere, MQ, Java, J2EE, Linux, Mulesoft
- Network Technologies - Load Balancers, Routing Protocols, etc…
- Technology Infrastructure Organization:
- Excels in working among diverse viewpoints to determine the best path forward
- Experience in connecting with a diverse set of clients to understand future business needs – is a continuous learner
- Commitment to challenging the status quo and promoting positive change
- Participate in and drive collaborative efforts to advance tools, technology, and ways of working to better serve an evolving client base
- Believes in value of diversity so we can reflect, connect and meet the diverse needs of our clients and employees around the world