Python / SQL Developer (Closed)
SkillStorm is seeking a Python / SQL Developer for our client in Pennington, NJ. Candidates must be able to work on SkillStorm's W2; not a C2C position. EOE, including disability/vets.
- The Software engineer within DIG Technology will support the technical needs of the Quantitative and Trading strategist Teams across global markets.
- The job will develop software using Python and Sql, and will focus on integrating common components, and building robust APIs that are thoroughly tested and work at large volume scale.
- The position will require extracting and loading a a variety of data sets across various business domains.
- The position will be involved in all aspects of the Software Development Lifecycle, but will focus mostly on technical design, development, build, test, and deploy.
- The position will work closely with out business partners to generate effective solutions and insights.
- Bachelors degree or higher in Computer Science and/or Engineering is required.
- Experience with SQL and Python is a must.
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written is a must.
- Experience with agile development tools for Continuous Integration, Build, Unit Testing, QA, and automated deployment tools is required.
- Experience using Java and/or C/C++ is helpful.
- Experience with Windows and Linux software development is helpful.
- Experience in financial services is helpful.
- Experience working with big data technologies (Hadoop, Impala, Apache, Spark) is helpful, but not critical.
- Experience with data science toolsets, such as Jupyter Notebook and Tableau is helpful, but not critical.