Python Developer (Closed)
SkillStorm is seeking a Python Developer our client in New York, NY. Candidates must be able to work on SkillStorm's W2; not a C2C position. EOE, including disability/vets.
Role / Responsibilities:
- Design, development and support of Equity Derivative infrastructure.
- Focuses on owning and driving the discussion / work stream and working with business and technology other stakeholders in identifying solutions.
- Facilitate design review sessions with technology teams within Equity Linked Technology and other tech partners.
- Execute on all facets of delivery to the Equity Linked Technology User community – from discussions with users shaping deliverables through to the production release of functionality.
- Demonstrations of new functionality to business and technology users.
- Design of test strategy including preparing test cases, as required
- Work closely with the business and technology teams to gather testing requirements and acceptance criteria.
- Coordinate UAT activities, releases and migration events. Tracking of defects and progress of resolution
- Escalation of issues in a timely manner
- Produce system and process documentation.
- Ensure adherence to audit and operational standards.?
- Hands-on experience and in depth knowledge of Python Application development (5+ years)
- Java, real time messaging, SQL experience preferred
- Problem solving skills with an ability to address performance issues
- A flexible "can do" attitude; comfortable working in a fast paced environment with frequent release cycles and rapidly changing priorities.
- The ability to effectively communicate within a multi-disciplined team, across multiple locations and time zones, and to interact with various technology partners??
- An understanding of Equity derivative business and Quartz application development.
- Working experience with complex systems (grid, object oriented database, Oracle, etc.) ??