Python Developer (Closed)
SkillStorm is seeking a Python Developer for our client in Jersey City, NJ. Candidates must be able to work on SkillStorm's W2; not a C2C position. EOE, including disability/vets.
- An experienced developer is needed to help develop and maintain the technology for the VMaster system, the System Of Record for Interest Rate Derivatives at the bank. The industry has been undergoing substantial changes with the cessation of LIBOR as a rate index, and regulatory demands have increased greatly in the past year. This places increased demands on the bank's technology teams to respond quickly especially in light of growing MRA (Matters Requiring Attention) requirements. Analysis and investigation of data management requirements along with development of the technical solutions to provide accurate and timely reporting to regulators demand skilled technologists who can develop robust code capable of meeting these demands.
- The role to be filled is with the Trade Lifecycle (TLC) development team and requires meeting with trading and operations personnel who actively use the VMaster system to explore issues and gather requirements. The developer will utilize Agile development techniques and tools to ensure quality design and coding are built into the development process from the start. Requirements, specification and code will need to be thoroughly documented, along with proposals for new solutions. Given the fast paced nature of a trading environment, the candidate will need to be very organized and able to cope with changing demands. The role involves the development of technology in the VMaster trading system involving C++, Sybase/SQL and Linux scripting to develop and maintain programs able to process trades at high volumes. In addition the system is highly resilient and the work involves ensuring that the system is able to function successfully in light of potential production outages (graceful degradation).
- Resource must have at least 5 years experience developing high-performance, enterprise-capable applications in C++
- Experience in database schema design, stored procedure and trigger development on Sybase
- Possess strong debugging and troubleshooting skills
- Good understanding of fixed income products especially interest rate derivatives
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working in a Linux environment (5 years)
- Knowledge of Agile development methodology
- Experience with BitBucket, Jenkins, Ansible and GIT
- Experience developing programs using Apache web services
- Experience working with MQ messaging software
- Knowledge / experience developing Python programs
- Experience in trading system development
- Knowledge on Global Markets, pricing, PNL