Python Developer (Closed)
SkillStorm is seeking a Python Developer for our client in Charlotte, NC. Candidates must be able to work on SkillStorm's W2; not a C2C position. EOE, including disability/vets.
- Developer position in Global Banking Technology for the NLP and Analytics Team.
- The scope of projects include Descriptive, Predictive and Prescriptive Analytics Model Development, as well as, NLP techniques for classification, question answering, and data extraction. Build models, solutions and infrastructure to support modeling and analyzing commercial banking data across all business lines. Develop value-added NLP and Analytics solutions that support revenue generation, business insight, risk management, operational efficiency, regulatory compliance, loan pricing, transaction management, fraud detection, pre and post-sales applications. These solutions must overcome issues of complex data (e.g., VLDB, multi-structured, ""big data"", etc.) as well as deployment of advanced techniques (e.g., machine learning, text mining, statistical analysis, etc.) to deliver insights. Adopt Global Banking & Markets and Enterprise Level teams to determine the best practices in the firm and contribute to improving proficiency in these areas for GBT, and the firm more generally. Work with front line unit and other technologies during project intake and present new technologies that relate to solutions for high ROI applications of NLP and Analytics. Manage and code on projects.
- Advanced degree in Computer Science and related fields preferred or substantial equivalent experience.
- A minimum of 7-10 years of work experience in a fast-paced software or financial company
- 3-5+ years as a practitioner of machine learning in Financial Markets or large industry.
- Excellent programming and algorithmic skills and a taste for DRY code.
- Demonstrated end-to-end ownership of projects.
- Thorough knowledge of data structures, algorithms, profiling/optimization, and Object-Oriented and Functional Programming.
- Proven experience Building solutions and infrastructure to support modeling and analyzing commercial banking data across all business lines.
- Understanding of cloud solutions
- Strong understanding of SDLC
- Positive and entrepreneurial ‘can do’ attitude with desire to make positive impact
- Proven strong collaboration and organizational skills in leading within a matrixed work environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong planning and reporting skills