Python Developer (Closed)
SkillStorm is seeking a Python Developer for our client in Houston, TX. Candidates must be able to work on SkillStorm's W2; not a C2C position. EOE, including disability/vets.
- Commodities Market Data is the in-house developed suite of applications, that serves as providers of all market data to the Commodities line of business. It sources live market prices for the various commodity traded products from the various market data providers and make them available for Front-Office business operations, and assist in price fixings. The prices are fed to downstream Commodities applications for intra-day and end of day Profit and Loss view, Trade Bookings and Settlements.
- Responsible for developing and delivering complex software requirements to accomplish business goals.
- Ensures that software is developed to meet functional, non-functional, and compliance requirements.
- Codes solutions, unit tests, and ensures the solution can be integrated successfully into the overall application/system with clear, robust and well-tested interfaces.
- Contributes to story refinement/defining requirements.
- Participates in estimating work necessary to realize a story/requirement through the delivery lifecycle.
- Performs spike/proof of concept as necessary to mitigate risk or implement new ideas.
- Codes solutions and unit tests to deliver a requirement/story per the defined acceptance criteria and compliance requirements.
- Utilizes multiple architectural components in design and development of client requirements.
- Collaborate with team to resolve technical complexities involved in realizing the story work.
- Contributes to existing test suites (integration, regression, performance). Analyse test reports, identify and fix Test suite failures.
- Documents and communicates required information for deployment, maintenance, and support.
- Participates, contributes in the delivery/release e.g. branching timelines, pull requests, issue triage, merge/conflict resolution, release notes.
- Strong development experience using Python, REST API Service, C#
- 3+ years of extensive experience working as a full stack React JS developer (familiarity with redux a plus)
- Exposure to enterprise messaging solutions (e.g. MSMQ, TIBCO EMS, AMPS or related technology).
- Database development skills, experience with Object-oriented and Relational databases - SQL Server/Oracle/Sybase.
- Experience developing software using Agile methodology.
- Experience with Financial Domains