Python Developer (Closed)
SkillStorm is seeking a Python Developer for our client in Chicago, IL. Candidates must be able to work on SkillStorm's W2; not a C2C position. EOE, including disability/vets.
- The QzTrades team will work with these existing systems of record to ensure that all necessary trading information is presented in a consistent manner. Where the deal is natively entered in Quartz, we will similarly work to ensure consistency in how deals are represented and booked. Consumers which desire to pull out this trading information will be given an API from which they can make requests. The QzTrades platform translates these requests as required to access the correct data and return it to the consumer abstracting away the complexity of all the different business lines.
- Role / Responsibilities / Key objectives The role will be primarily a development role, working with the QzTrades team and the larger Global Markets technology group globally to build out the QzTrades application. This will include:
- Designing and building financial product-agnostic APIs
- Helping to onboard source systems to the platform
- Helping to onboard consumers to the platform
- Building tools for managing, monitoring and supporting the platform
- Working the Quartz Core team to ensure decisions are being made in a manner consistent with the general Quartz strategy
- Analysis and document best practices for booking deals in Quartz, then work with the source systems to implement these recommendations Applications which are already onboarded to production QzTrades will need to be maintained and improved, so there will be some level of discretionary enhancement and market-driven improvements. In the event of production outages, there is a support team but the development team will act as a source of information and second-level support. It is expected that the successful applicant will be involved in these activities as well.
- Programming experience in Python or Java
- Experience managing a global team and collaborating with other teams on a wide scale.
- Working Experience in any of the Automation tools
- Preferred to have Banking and Financial Domain experience.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills.