Very nice to have - banking or Fintech
GENERAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Help manage SDLC deliverables assigned to DevOps development engineers.
• Help manage Stories, Features, Epics, and Initiatives pertaining to CI/CD, Infrastructure and Development/Production Environments setup and configuration.
• Develop status reports and disseminate results to team members and leadership.
• Develop and maintain Project Dashboards.
• Partner and align with Development and QA leadership to ensure proper communication and management of dependencies.
• Interact with product managers and/or users to help define system requirements and/or necessary modifications.
• Work independently on assignments, as well as collaborate with peers and other technology teams.
• Extra availability and hours may be required. May be a participant in emergency escalations.
• Other related duties assigned as needed.
A Bachelor’s degree in computer engineering, computer science or other related discipline or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience.
3-5 years of experience in IT industry with experience in SDLC, Infrastructure, Automation, Merchant and Banking domain (ideal).
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
• Prior experience in a Project Management, Release Management, RTE role with multiple projects and project deliverables
• Ability to develop and manage agile stories/features in Rally or Jira
• Knowledge of common DevOps tools, platforms and practices (Continuous Integration, Continuous Deploy, IaC, CaC, DevSecOps, SRE) is a plus
• Knowledge of development tools is a plus
• Understanding of development processes (agile, branch management, release updates, QA testing, UAT and production) as it relates to software releases
• Knowledge of end-to-end systems development life cycles, e.g., waterfall, iterative and other modern approaches to software development is required
• Knowledge of standards relevant to the software industry, e.g., ISO, CMM, Six Sigma is a plus
• Knowledge of banking and merchant practices, regulations, and operations within assigned line(s) of business is a plus
• Outstanding verbal and written communication skills to technical and non-technical audiences of various levels in the organization, e.g., next level leadership executive, management, individual contributors are a must
• Excellent status reporting skills is a must
• Understanding of financial forecasting and budgeting
• Excellent analytical, team and time management skills
• Ability to persuade and influence others on the best approach to take
• Ability to estimate work effort for project sub-plans or small to mid-size projects and ensure the project is successfully completed
• Positive outlook, strong work ethic, and responsive to internal and external clients and contacts
• Willingly and successfully fulfills the role of teacher, mentor and coach