Responsible for all aspects of assigned non-technical projects. Projects may be focused on marketing, sales, finance/accounting, legal, business planning, business operations, customer service, or other non-technical subjects. Typically involves extensive interactions with cross-functional teams of various functional areas of the business.
Note: If project success requires that the project manager have technical skills, assign the incumbent to the Project Manager - Technical job instead.
GENERAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Plans and coordinates all aspects of non-technical projects from initiation through delivery.
• Manages project initiation activities that include identifying contractual obligations, client or business needs and goals, existing situation, necessary contacts, and access to existing information as needed.
• Ensures requirements for internal projects align to operational standards. Develop alternate requirements or document exceptions as appropriate.
• Develops, defines and executes project plans, project scope, activities, schedules, budgets and deliverables.
• Identifies needed resources for projects, defines and assigns major project roles.
• Coordinates activities and tasks among project team members, other internal departments and client or vendor/subcontractor organizations as needed to meet project goals and ensure project completion is on schedule, within budget constraints, and of the appropriate quality standards for the project scope.
• Assigns and monitors work of project team, providing analytical support and direction.
• Manages project risks, issues/problems, and activity progress to ensure project goals (e.g., deadline, scope and quality) are achieved. Assists with problem resolution or risk mitigation as needed.
• May manage the integration of vendor/subcontractor tasks, and track and review vendor/subcontractor deliverables, if appropriate for the project.
• Serves as liaison between internal organizations as well as in client and vendor/subcontractor organizations to ensure all project targets and requirements are met.
• Delivers informational and decision-seeking presentations to business groups and/or in client organizations.
• Conducts project closure activities to formalize and communicate the project acceptance, handover documentation and ongoing activities to accountable teams and complete a post-implementation review to identify areas of improvement.
• May directly oversee employees assigned to manage specific project that have a distinct beginning and end. Selects, develops and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function.
• Identifies project management coordination gaps or areas for improvement, recommends and implements solutions.
• Some travel may be required.
• Performs additional related duties as assigned.
A Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or the equivalent combination of education, training, and work experience
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• Extensive knowledge of project management standards, processes, procedures and guidelines
• Knowledge of the industry project management best practices (i.e., Project Management Body of Knowledge - PMBOK)
• Knowledge of standards relevant to the financial services industry (e.g., ISO, Six Sigma)
• Knowledge of financial services industry
• Advanced skill in the use of project management software to manage projects (e.g., MS Project and auxiliary tools, such as earned value database, audit tools, project repository, including risk, issues and action items database, SLIM Estimate, Metrics and Control, PlanView, Platinum Process Continuum)
• Demonstrated skill in managing project budgets and timelines
• Skill in the use of negotiation techniques to reach agreement when there are widely-differing viewpoints
• Excellent analysis, problem-solving, team, conflict management and time management skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to interact effectively with executive level clients
• Ability to set clear expectations, manage team performance and build high morale among team members
• Ability to maintain confidentiality and carry out assignments that are sensitive in nature