Project Manager (Closed)
SkillStorm is seeking a Project Manager for our client in Jersey City, NJ. Candidates must be able to work on SkillStorm's W2; not a C2C position. EOE, including disability/vets.
- This role will be a Junior PM role with the PBMRT PMO team. Candidate will be responsible for assistance with project planning, execution and test coordination, organizational administration, and resource management.
Role And Responsibilities:
- Assist in the development of project budgets and monthly budgetary tracking in compliance with the bank's financial practices.
- Facilitate monthly resource allocation process to forecast resource needs for upcoming month. Collaborates and communicates with other project managers and dev leads, and managers to coordinate resources among multiple workstreams, cross-project initiatives and activities.
- Facilitate effective resource management, provide assistance with resource churn tracking, resource capacity calculations, resource alignment to projects. Effectively guide internal and external resources to achieve business solutions within project guidelines.
- Assist with successfully execution all relevant project phases to design, build, test, and implement deliverables required to achieve project objectives and benefit targets.
- Assist with the project plan management, driving of project completion, maintaining control over scope, and maintaining project artifacts
- Assist with project backlog management using JIRA sprints and epics and bank’s internal project management tools
- Co-ordinate project releases with Application Support and Release Management teams
- Assist with project risk management. Proactively identify and engage key project stakeholders/partners to avoid unanticipated issues and gaps during project execution.
- Pro-active weekly and monthly reporting on project details and status to various stakeholders, partners, PMO, tech execs, etc.; status reporting to include key accomplishments, issues, and risks.
- Translate progress indicators and metrics into meaningful summaries and prepare materials to present to stakeholders or technology, both visually and in textual form
- Strong motivation to learn and ability to adapt to fast paced environment with frequent release cycles and rapidly changing priorities
- A flexible, hardworking and “can do” attitude
- Ability to handle pressure/conflict
- Effective communication skills utilizing multiple channels (in person, email, phone, video calls, etc.)
- Ability to communicate within a multi-disciplined team, across multiple locations and time zones
- Ability to interact with demanding business users
- Some experience in project management field
- Knowledge of financial services
- Knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and Agile Methodology
- Technical skills, MS Excel, MS Word, MS PowerPoint, MS Project, JIRA, SharePoint, Visio
- Exposure to financial products
Contract job in Jersey City