Production Support (Closed)
SkillStorm is seeking a Production Support for our client in Charlotte, NC. Candidates must be able to work on SkillStorm's W2; not a C2C position. EOE, including disability/vets.
- Looking for an experienced production support resource
- Self-Driven Person / Independent Worker / Willingness to Collaborate
- Initiate incident resolution & prioritization
- Update, track, report & maintain incident status
- Triage incident resolution by working with stakeholders
- Ability to solve production down situations under tight SLA deadlines
- Root cause analysis and problem resolution follow-up
- Excellent spoken and written English complete with clear oral communication skills
- Must be willing and able to express new ideas, concerns and opinions directly to wider team in team meetings face-to-face and via remote-working tools
- Should know Oracle PL/ SQL ,Unix, scripting ,Autosys
- Production Services is responsible for running the day to day operations of the technology platform.
- Work activities specific to Production Services roles include Problem/Incident Management, Release/Deployment, Operational Readiness, Capacity/Availability Management, Application Monitoring, Service Analytics and Reporting, Production Governance, Triage, Associate Support, Change/Configuration Management, etc.
- The Production Services Lead identifies possible production failure scenarios, creates incident tickets, enhancements and/or problem tickets in ticket tracking system, and communicates effectively with development and internal business operations teams.
- Identifies vulnerabilities and opportunities for improvement, as well as maintain metrics to help develop analysis that will drive improvement in all areas of Production Services.
- Creates and enhances administrative, operational and technical policies and procedures, adopting best practice guidelines, standards and procedures.
- Takes ownership of escalations and perform trouble shooting, analysis, research and resolution using advanced query and programming skills.
- Performs analytical, technical, and administrative work in planning, installing, designing and supporting new and existing equipment and software under moderate supervision. Resolves complex issues.
- Consults with end users to determine optimal configuration of equipment and applications.
- Works on problems of minimal-moderate scope where analysis of situation or data requires a review of identifiable factors.
- Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
- Should have increased awareness and exposure to basic technical principles, concepts and techniques.
- May provide coaching and mentoring for other employees but does not directly manage others.
- Initiates and provides leadership, strategic/tactical direction and planning input on all information technology and client/business area issues and in the development of an technology environment which meets current and anticipated business requirements and objectives.
- Participates with management in the development of technology products, service standards and development efforts that impact the client/business area.
- Serves as an escalation point between the client/business area and internal management for the resolution of moderately complex unresolved problems, complaints and service requests.
- Provides the client areas with technology products and service alternatives that improve the production services environment.
- 5+ years of IT experience in production support
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Oracle PL/ SQL ,Unix, scripting, Autosys
- Experience with Workday
- Experience using Autosys
- Experience with Open Text
- Experience with ETL tools like Informatica
- Automation skills to reduce manual activities
- Proven team player who can work comfortably in a multicultural environment
- Proven ability to work independently, multi task and effectively work in a complex environment with a global team structure
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; Strong influencer, facilitator, and collaborator.
- Detail oriented and organized
- Must be pro-active, enthusiastic, flexible, results driven with attention to detail
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Motivation to achieve results and the ability to quickly integrate into teams
- Ability to work in an ambiguous environment and draw and defend results and conclusions
- Ability to work in a dynamic and team oriented environment
- Ability to balance a significant workload, prioritize and multitask
- Ability to work in non-contiguous shifts including the potential for weekend work
- Coachable and open to feedback
- Robust facilitation skills and situational awareness
- Ability to drive continuous improvement through transparency and learning