Production Support (Closed)
SkillStorm is seeking a Production Support for our client in Pennington, NJ OR Richardson, TX OR Charlotte, NC. Candidates must be able to work on SkillStorm's W2; not a C2C position. EOE, including disability/vets.
- L3 Production system administrator able to work independently and drive resolution of complex issues. Strong analytical skills required to determine root cause of technical issues. Must be able to think broadly about technical issues and correlate current conditions, historical trends and issues, and general incident triage techniques to pinpoint technical issues. Must have a firm grasp on day to day use of Linux. Must be able to create and modify utility scripts written in bash, Powershell, etc. Ability to analyze Java heap and thread dumps strongly preferred. Experience creating automations for routing and common tasks with Python or Ansible preferred. Responsibilities will include OS system builds, software installation, system tuning, resource adjustments, SAN/NAS storage mounts, compliance remediation, daily operational support duties and documentation. This is a production support role thus will participate in oncall duty rotation.
- 5+ years in Production Support, Performance Testing, and/or related technical environment
- 5+ years of enterprise experience as a Linux System Administrator (Red Hat Linux 6x, 7x, and 8x).
- Scripting in Bash and/ or Powershell
- Working knowledge of AD authentication with Vintela, SSSD, and PowerBroker. Experience configuring IMM, ILO, IDRAC, BIOS, RAID arrays on IBM, HP, Dell server hardware.
- Experience with PXE boot configuration and troubleshooting network connectivity issue around VLANs, Subnets, and firewall.
- Experience troubleshooting and diagnosing problems in a virtualized environment.
- Analyze Java heap and thread dumps
- Enjoys solving problems
- Detail oriented and organized
- Responsibilities may include day to day operational support of a variety of technology platforms including appliances, stand-alone, and virtual. Work activities specific to Problem/Incident Management, Operational Readiness, Capacity/Availability Management, Service Analytics and Reporting, Triage, Associate Support, Change/Configuration Management, etc. Identify vulnerabilities and opportunities for improvement, as well as maintain metrics to help develop analysis that will drive improvement in all areas of Production Services. Take ownership of escalations and perform trouble shooting, analysis, research and resolution using advanced query and programming skills. Perform analytical, technical, and administrative work in planning, installing, designing and supporting new and existing equipment and software under moderate supervision. Resolves complex issues. Consult with end users to determine optimal configuration of equipment and applications. Work on problems of minimal-moderate scope where analysis of situation or data requires a review of identifiable factors. Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action. Should have increased awareness and exposure to basic technical principles, concepts and techniques. May provide coaching and mentoring for other employees but does not directly manage others. Viewed as a technology subject matter expert; able to provide and communicate complex technology solutions across differing audiences including technical, managerial, business executives, and/or vendors. Will have responsibility for multiple, complex projects. Leads the resolution process for complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of various factors. Exercises judgment within broadly defined practices and policies in selecting methods, techniques, and evaluation criterion for obtaining results. Information Technology degree and/or technology certifications preferred or substantial equivalent experience. Typically 7-10 years of IT experience.
STRATA Contract job in Bridgewater