Production Support (Closed)
SkillStorm is seeking a Production Support Specialist for our client in Charlotte, North Carolina. Candidates must be able to work on SkillStorm's W2; not a C2C position. EOE, including disability/vets.
- Provide day-to-day support to ensure health and stability of applications.
- Perform hands-on triage and troubleshooting of issues, issue reporting, and incident management. Resolve incidents based on customer defined SLA’s.
- Develop, deploy, and support infrastructure, applications, software solutions, and technology initiatives from an architectural and operational perspectives in conjunction with existing standards and methods of delivery.
- Ability to analyze and identify root cause of issues and manage problem resolution.
- Implement application patches and software upgrades.
- Own integrity, governance, administration, and maintenance of the existing OpenText solution. Provide/implement OpenText best practices for delivering services.
- Perform business continuity and disaster recovery activities.
- Create and troubleshoot AutoSys scripts/jobs.
- Support technical escalation of L3/advanced issues for problem resolution.
- Work closely with developers and support various configuration and log management.
- Apply deep knowledge of industry standards and vendor certifications.
- Document application support processes and procedures.
- 5+ years of IT experience in production support.
- Strong knowledge of OpenText platform administration.
- Knowledge of OpenText OTDS, Zookeeper, Autosys, Aspera, Oracle/SQL, Unix/Linux, Scripting, Splunk, Ansible Deployment.
- Knowledge of workflow management and monitoring.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Abilities to work effectively with various stakeholders and speak up on issues.
- Proven team player who can work comfortably in a multicultural environment
- Proven ability to work independently, multi task and effectively work in a complex environment with a global team structure
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; Strong influencer, facilitator, and collaborator.
- Detail oriented and organized
- Must be pro-active, enthusiastic, flexible, results driven with attention to detail
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Motivation to achieve results and the ability to quickly integrate into teams
- Ability to work in an ambiguous environment and draw and defend results and conclusions
- Ability to work in a dynamic and team oriented environment
- Ability to balance a significant workload, prioritize and multitask
- Ability to work in non-contiguous shifts including the potential for weekend
- Coachable and open to feedback
- Robust facilitation skills and situational awareness
- Ability to drive continuous improvement through transparency and learning
- Knowledge on application management and governance routines
- Automation skills to reduce manual activities
- ITIL Foundation Certification