Pega Architect (Closed)
SkillStorm is seeking a Pega Architect for our client in Charlotte, NC OR New Jersey OR Georgia OR Texas. Candidates must be able to work on SkillStorm's W2; not a C2C position. EOE, including disability/vets.
- Pega Lead System Architect, responsible for hands-on overall end to end design and implementation of enterprise class, high performing and highly integrated Pega based solutions that is scalable, built for rapid change and meets functional and non-functional requirements.
- Department function – Pega Application Development.
- Day to day responsibilities of the role – Pega Application Development on PRPC 8.4, BIX, unit testing, troubleshooting, defect fixes etc. This is not a lead role but part of a Pega app dev team.
- Required skills/experience/education – Bachelor’s degree preferred. Deep knowledge of Pega 8.x and PRPC. BIX
- Desired skills/experience/education – Java, Oracle development, Agile / SDLC methodology
- Provide solution technology guidance for areas of concentration in the portfolio
- Provide end-to-end design guidance, oversight and problem management
- Provide oversight of requirements gathering and interpretation for all infrastructure impacts across the portfolio pipeline
- Provide oversight of the requirements process on key projects by clarifying requirements where and when necessary, ensure all teams understand the business reasons for the requirements
- Provide end-to-end design process guidance and oversight/provide guidance throughout the design process
- Guide teams through design challenges where and when necessary
- Provide oversight of design and implementation reviews, participate in, and lead as appropriate, design and implementation reviews during the lifecycle of a project for key business initiatives and core engineering projects before they go into production to ensure Operational Readiness
- Review final target architecture and design
- Stay abreast of emerging technologies
- Partner with architecture/development teams on business planning sessions
- Provide reviews of existing solutions including tracking/remediating issues and gaps for resiliency, risk and performance
- Provide technology guidance into strategic plans and business strategies
- Ensure technology roadmaps align appropriately to business strategies and plans
- Guide technology decisions to ensure that strategic plans converge across technology areas
- Have 10 years of Pega hand on experience in delivery of large enterprise complex solutions.
- Must have strong communication skills to discuss and understand various business processes.
- Pega 8.x, Pega PRPC guardrails and Sound understanding of all Pega PRPC features.
- Deep understanding of Enterprise class structure, complex workflows and design patterns.
- Strong experience in Case management, data modeling, Integrations, Agents and performance fine tuning.
- Strong in UX/UI design expertise and UI guardrails
- In-depth knowledge of Pega Upgrades, Server Configurations and trouble shooting
- Must have exposure Agile development and its delivery model.
- Should be able to provide estimates/sizing for high level requirements.
- Packaging and Deployment.
- Database Modeling, SQL query Optimization.Exposure to Oracle SQL queries.
- 3 to 5 years of hands on experience working as the Pega Lead System Architect
- 5 to 8 years of hands on experience as a system architect working on multi-tier web application
- Experience creating frameworks and enterprise wide applications
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work within Safe Agile (Scrum/Kanban) Concepts and ability to understand and work using CICD Technologies such as Ansible,Jenkins,Bitbucket, GitHub,XLR, SonarCube and Testing Automation Technologies such as Selenium, Tosca
- Experience with Rally and JIRA tools is a plus
- Strong communication and presentation skills