.NET Developer (Closed)
SkillStorm is seeking a .NET Developer for our client in Jersey City, NJ. Candidates must be able to work on SkillStorm's W2; not a C2C position. EOE, including disability/vets.
- The RDS team provides reference, market, and pricing data to a number of systems and components in the Prime Brokerage Margin and Risk Technology (PBMRT) space. We serve a horizonal function across a wide range of systems and components and, as such, our data quality, data integrity and systems reliability are of paramount importance to us.
- Our team is embarking on a journey of modernization and refactoring, replacing our current legacy environment with a redesigned and reimagined suite of high performance, highly resilient, fault tolerant services written in .NET. The existing system is written in a combination of Java/Python/SQL and will be retired surgically and strategically with the introduction of each refactored service. As we are a live system it's important for us to maintain serving our existing clients while we replace legacy services.
- We are looking for intellectually curious, experienced software engineers who, like us, have a passion for engineering excellence. The ideal candidate has experience in refactoring legacy systems, leveraging design patterns, unit and integration testing, API design, RDBMS systems, ORMs, micro-service/message patterns/trends and distributed systems architecture.
- The successful candidate will work with the lead engineer and product owner to design, analyse, and develop key project deliverables.
- ?Participates in design, development and implementation of .NET/SQL based technology platform(s).
- Participates as an individual contributor, completing activities as a part of a team related to special initiatives or operations.
- Should be able to solve complex problems using in house tools and be able to work with a global mindset.
- Should be able to assist other developers and ensure high quality of deliverables.
- Should assist in the release coordination within an established CI/CD framework.
- L3 support for complex technical issues.
- Core Java
- UNIX/SHELL SCRIPTS
- ??Strong .NET experience, preferably in C#, ASP.NET core, REST API design and implementation.
- Strong unit and integration testing experience with xUnit or equivalent.
- Experience in object-oriented design and development.
- Experience with LINQ, Entity Framework or micro-ORMs such as Dapper.
- Experience with TSQL and database design concepts.
- Full development lifecycle and support tool experience: GIT, Jira, Visual Studio.
- Experience with n-tier web applications with distributed components.
- Experience with .NET 6 (or higher).
- Experience with web server configuration, management and tuning (IIS Preferred).
- Proficiency in at least one scripting language PowerShell (preferred), Bash, Python.
- Experience in deploying and operating Windows servers.
- Experience in deploying and operating container services.
- Modern development methodology including Agile and continuous integration