Java Developer / Automation Engineer (Closed)
SkillStorm is seeking a Java Developer / Automation Engineer for our client in New York, NY. Candidates must be able to work on SkillStorm's W2; not a C2C position. EOE, including disability/vets.
- Build out of Test Automation for Electronic Trading Applications. To facilitate faster turn around on release testing for application changes
- You can code. Strong core Java fundamentals, including multi-threading, garbage collection concepts and performance tuning. Our products are mostly built with core Java.
- You have a good design sense including knowledge of effective design approaches and patterns. When to apply and when not to apply design patterns. Clean, supportable, testable and performant code being the goal.
- You have a sense of urgency. Ideally having worked in a Global Markets Front Office environment you will understand the importance to analyze problems quickly, provide feedback to relevant stakeholders and set expectations on remediation.
- You have a strong understanding of agile methodology, with an emphasis on test driven development & continuous integration.
- You are a team player with confidence and without ego as you will need to mentor junior members as well as receive guidance from senior team members.
What You Can Expect:
- The Electronic Trading Technology (ETT) team supports the Electronic Trading business in the Global Markets and Investment Banking Group. The team provides innovative solutions for Low Touch Trading, which includes Client Connectivity, Low Latency Market Access, Execution Strategies, Algorithmic Trading, Workflow, Analytics and Internal Crossing.
- This position is for a role in the Equity Electronic Trading Test Automation team. We are looking for a Strong Java programmer / Automation Engineer to join our growing team. The candidate will be contributing to our Cucumber/Java/Groovy based automation framework, adding to our existing automation test coverage and maintaining existing Unix/Perl/Python scripts. He/she will work with application owners on understanding the business requirements, developing test plans, creating automated tests and providing business support of the testing environment.
- Core Java
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science or similar applied technical field
- Solid core Java
- Unix shell scripting
- 5 or more years’ experience in software development or Test Automation
- Solid knowledge of Fix Protocol and Equity trading business in US
- Unit Testing/Mocking Frameworks (i.e Junit, TestNG, Mockito, Cucumber etc)
- Source Control (GIT)
- Cucumber, JIRA, TeamCity, Gradle, Ansible
- Agile/Scrum methodology