Java Developer (Closed)
SkillStorm is seeking a Java Developer for our client in Chicago, Illinois. Candidates must be able to work on SkillStorm's W2; not a C2C position. EOE, including disability/vets.
- The Cesium application is funded for BAU for 2022. We have had some attrition in the team this year and need to fill existing roles ASAP to ensure we remain on track with BAU support and any current initiative work. If we don’t find a replacement we will put the Application at risk.
- The Cesium organization is the firm-wide provider of product (financial securities), counterparty, & account reference data, which is critical to 500+ consuming applications spanning multiple lines of business (Global Markets, Global Wealth & Investment Management, etc.) from the front office (trading apps, etc.) to the back office. Cesium is looking to hire an application developer to work on its strategic software platform responsible for sourcing, processing, and distributing reference data. The platform is relatively new and we are looking to aggressively expand its functionality over the next several years. The Cesium platform team needs a senior developer to lead numerous high tech, high innovative solutions supporting reference and all of GBAM Data. These solutions do and will serve as the infrastructure for new enterprise program applications (NFRR, Reference Data, Onboarding, Datasets and Tax).
- This person will work on a 35-40 person software development team located in the greater NYC area (NYC and Jersey City) that is responsible for building & maintaining our core tech platform leveraged by other teams within our org who are focused on building business applications. He/she will be responsible for requirements, design, development, coding, implementation, testing, and support of various projects ranging from 1 to 3-5 people in size. The core technologies that will be used are Scala, and in some cases, Python. Depending on the project, he/she may also work with REST, DB2, various Apache open source libraries such as Spark, Kafka, Spray.
- Financial industry knowledge or experience is not required. The ideal candidate is a passionate developer who enjoys experimenting with new technologies and writing efficient, scalable, & re-usable code. This team operates like a small tech company within a large financial institution. Must have strong knowledge of programming fundamentals (algorithms and data structures)
- Core Java
- Strong test-driven development skills, problem solving, analytical, communication skills and quick learning aptitude are highly desirable
- Deep understanding of Data Structures is required
- Strong verbal & written communication skills
- 4-year Computer Science or equivalent degree
- Experience with Scala (strongly preferred) and Java
- Strong problem-solving and communication skills and enjoys a collaborative environment
- 4-8 years of total hands-on programming experience desirable
- Any experience in Web technologies like Angular, React, RESTer frameworks is a plus
- Experience with functional programming is a plus
- Familiarity with Semantic Web (RDF) and SPARQL is a plus
- Experience with distributed computing is a plus
- Familiarity with Zookeeper/Spark/HDFS is a plus
- Familiarity with Python is a plus
- Investment Banking experience is desirable