Java Developer (Closed)
SkillStorm is seeking a Java Developer for our client in New York, NY. Candidates must be able to work on SkillStorm's W2; not a C2C position. EOE, including disability/vets.
- The Electronic Trading Technology (ETT) team support the Electronic Trading business in the Global Markets and Investment Banking Group. The team provides innovative solutions for low touch trading, which includes FIX connectivity, order management, client / trade level risk checks, low latency market connectivity, smart order routing, algorithmic trading, and internal crossing. The ETT team is a global team with a strong presence in every region (AMRS, EMEA and APR). We aim to maintain a global perspective while recognizing and responding to specific regional requirements that make each market unique.
- The requirement is for a Java developer to work in the Order Management Systems team. The team is working on building out the next gen Order Management platform. Order Manager/ Risk Manager team is looking for senior developer who has experience in core java on low latency and high throughput applications. Unix knowledge and Finance background (Equities and Options) is preferred.
The Ideal Candidate Will Also Have:
- Business Knowledge – Understanding of equities and FFO markets
- Strategic Thinking: Strategic vision, Business knowledge, Innovation & Creativity
- Business Results: Client relationships, Analytical ability, Execution, Change leadership
- People Leadership: Talent building, Meritocracy, Collaboration, Responsible Corporate Citizenship
- Personal Effectiveness: Communication, decisiveness, energy & drive, courage, character
- Responsible for designing and developing complex requirements to accomplish business goals.
- Ensures that software is developed to meet functional, non-functional, and compliance requirements.
- Ensures solutions are well designed with maintainability/ease of integration and testing built-in from the outset.
- Possess strong proficiency in development and testing practices common to the industry, and have extensive experience of using design and architectural patterns.
- At this level, specializations start to form in either Architecture, Test Engineering or DevOp. Contributes to story refinement/defining requirements.
- Participates and guides team in estimating work necessary to realize a story/requirement through the delivery lifecycle.
- Performs spike/proof of concept as necessary to mitigate risk or implement new ideas.
- Codes solutions and unit tests to deliver a requirement/story per the defined acceptance criteria and compliance requirements. Utilizes multiple architectural components (across data, application, business) in design and development of client requirements.
- Assists team with resolving technical complexities involved in realizing story work.
- Designs/develops/modifies architecture components, application interfaces, and solution enablers while ensuring principal architecture integrity is maintained.
- Designs/develops/maintains automated test suites (integration, regression, performance).
- Sets up and develops a continuous integration/continuous delivery pipeline. Automates manual release activities.
- Mentors other Software Engineers and coaches team on CI-CD practices and automating tool stack. Individual contributor.
- Core Java
- Specifically, the following skills are required:
- In depth understanding of core Java API’s (collections, concurrency, nio etc) – Must have extensive understanding and proven industrial experience with multithreaded systems, working knowledge of the Java garbage collector, familiar with low latency IO
- Development practices - Use test driven development and be familiar with UML and OO design. Should have experience with Eclipse/IntelliJ, Jenkins, Git, TeamCity, Gradle and continuous build servers.
- Knowledge of FIX (heart-beating, login, sequence numbers, message types etc)
- In-depth experience of sockets and understanding of network connectivity
- Demonstrable experience of front office system design and architecture
- Team Player - Must be able to work with and help more junior members as well as take technical direction from the team lead.
- Equities/options market experiences