J2EE Developer (Closed)
SkillStorm is seeking a J2EE Developer for our client in Charlotte, NC. Candidates must be able to work on SkillStorm's W2; not a C2C position. EOE, including disability/vets.
- You are an active member of the development team, delivering new functionality, break/fixes and research work to enhance our product. Participates in design, development and implementation of systems; serves as a fully seasoned/proficient technical developer resource; provides tech knowledge and capabilities as team member and individual contributor. You may influence and direct activities of a team related to special initiatives. Typically, 5 or more years of systems engineering experience.
- Interface with business clients, Integration & Operations teams to define requirements, deliverables, and provide the necessary expertise & support to ensure delivery.
- Work with the team or as an individual contributor to perform analysis, design, development and testing of solutions to meet requirements.
- Partner with the Architecture, Technology Infrastructure, Testing and LOB groups to achieve application and project goals.
- Work in a consulting role with clients and Technology partners to provide subject matter expertise as needed for various projects
- Work under minimal supervision and be able to self-manage workload and ensure delivery of solutions
- Able to lead special initiatives including bringing in new technologies into the company, innovation programs, deployment of new capabilities/enhancements.
- Oracle SQL / PLSQL
- Demonstrate effective written and communication skills
- Must be able to present to management and executives of different levels within the organization
- Attention to Detail
- 5+ years of experience in building and integrating Java REST APIs & Messaging applications, using Spring/Spring Boot
- Strong SQL skills
- Skilled in using development tools including source code control, Code quality tools, debugging, and profiling.
- Hands-on experience with application server technologies such as WebSphere, JBoss.
- Ability to coordinate and Support large & complex projects including product upgrades and deployment of new capabilities and enhancements.
- Background in delivering full-life cycle projects
- Strong analytical skills to solve problems, perform research and derive solution opportunities
- Strong written and oral communications skills
- Ability to lead the team and work in a global delivery model.
- Ability to work on an Agile team
- Ability to work with Application & Solution Architects, employing design patterns as best fit.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in computer science, engineering, or a related field with 7+ years of experience in Information Technology
- Previous Experience in Financials Services, Marketing & Insights
- Experience with Jenkins, Artifactory, Git, Bitbucket, Ansible and Ansible Tower
- Knowledge of today’s relevant technologies such as NoSQL, Docker, Kubernetes
- Knowledge of integration software such as Apache CAMEL and ESB such as Mulesoft
- Understanding of enterprise change control systems and processes
- Experience in secure programming practices