ForeScout Engineer (Closed)
SkillStorm is seeking a ForeScout Engineer for one of our clients in Charleston, SC.
The ForeScout Engineer will deploy/support ForeScout product sets and other Cyber Security solutions in DoD environments. The Engineer will be required to understand the complete lifecycle of the processes, methodologies and execution best practices to deploy, optimize and troubleshoot the ForeScout portfolio of products at commercial and federal customer sites as well as provide knowledge transfer to customers.
Essential Job Functions:
The ForeScout Engineer will:
- Provide on-site and off-site professional services to customers including, solution architecture, product deployment, configuration, health checks, optimization, training and troubleshooting.
- Develop implementation capacity and network designs.
- Coordinate pre-installation calls and provide written post deployment summaries.
- Contribute to the development of best practices and training material.
- Collaborate with customer support, product management, R&D, marketing and sales regarding deployment techniques, feature requests, product issues and sentiment.
- Work inside federal network environments with a solid understanding the customer operational environments.
- Problem solving.
- Excellent communication written and verbal skills.
- Ability to work with individuals and teams to solve difficult technical issues.
- Ability to troubleshoot stake holder issues via virtual meetings.
- Ability to quickly learn.
- Goal oriented with motivation to become functional expert in the program you support.
- Cyber security minded individual
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- 6+ years US DOD Communications experience; A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering may be considered equivalent
- 6+ years of technical professional services experience
- Network certifications such as CCNP or CCIE in Routing and Switching
- Strong understanding of Routing, Switching, 802.1x, VLAN, VPN, LAN, WAN, RADIUS and Network Security.
- ForeScout experience is highly desired;
- Significant experience with implementing 802.1x is desired; required if candidate does not possess ForeScout experience.
- Experience with a NAC (McAfee, Checkpoint, Aruba) environment is strongly desired.
- Experience installing, managing and supporting production network and computer security systems comprised of multiple network hardware and software
- High level knowledge of Windows/Linux/UNIX operating systems
- Knowledge of security standards, procedures and technologies
- Network administrator experience and network security experience is a plus
- Demonstrated excellent oral and written communications, including presentation skills for audiences of varying levels of technical understanding
- Ability to travel domestically
- Experience in federal environments is highly desired
- Ability to work independently in a mixture of workplace environments including Fortune 1000 companies, military bases and government agencies.
- Security certification such as CISSP, SSCP or GIAC is a plus
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are highly preferred. It is highly desired that candidates possess strong interpersonal skills.
- Minimum Education/Training Requirements: 6+ years US DOD Network Communications experience, Bachelors Degree in Computer Science / Engineering or equivalent.
- Physical Capabilities: Sitting, standing, walking and traveling to off sites; some lifting of items up to 20 lbs.
- Mental Demands:
- High Level of Decision Making
- Respond to unpredictability
- High Level of Record Keeping
- High Pressure for Results
- Independent Judgment and Discretion
- Organize and Prioritize
- Manage Multiple Projects/Tasks
- Respond to Angry/Upset or difficult Individuals
- Relate to Others
- Required Licenses, Certification or Registration: CCNA/CCNP Routing and Switching is a plus; Security and Network certification such as CISSP, SSCP or GIAC, CCIE is a plus.
- Required Certification within 30 days of hire: ForeScout Certified Administrator (FSCA); Security+;
- Required Certification within 180 days of hire: ForeScout Certified Engineer (FSCE);
- Required Security Clearance: Active DOD Secret; Top Secret SCI eligible (investigation within the last 4 years)