SkillStorm is seeking a DIG Project Manager for one of our clients in New York, NY.
Data & Innovation Technology Project Manager
Quartz is the client’s Global Markets and Banking cross-asset, front-to-back platform for pricing, analytics, trade capture, and risk/P&L reconciliation. This platform is leveraged by Capital Market’s Lines of Business (LOBs) to develop products for their business, regulatory and enterprise objectives.
The Quartz ecosystem includes 15+ best-in-class products that collectively provide the foundation needed to run this complex platform. The Product Management team is responsible for the Book-of-Work (BOW) for these products. As such, each Product Manager is aligned with a Development Lead for the products as well as work directly with LOB-IT PMs and Regulatory PMs to drive requirements that manifest into the BOW.
The Data & Innovation Technology program (DIG Tech) within Quartz is focused on providing a technical infrastructure and solution for efficient aggregation of internal and external data sets along with analytic and machine learning tools that enable the businesses Data & Innovation Group.
Overview of the Role
- DIG Tech program is in early phases and working to stand up an efficient program around the envisioned technology stack. As such, the candidate should:
- Demonstrate 4-8 years of technology project management and implementation
- Have experience standing up complex project plans across multiple streams
- Be able to actively define and manage inter & intra stream dependencies
- Be comfortable in an agile build environment with experience on agile tools and theory
- Have the ability to to manage risks and blockers within the project planning lifecycle
- Identify a problem management approach and framework used in confronting daily issues
- Be comfortable diving in to new/unknown workflows and bring process and structure to new requirements
- Be comfortable identifying and escalating program space / issues
- Foster an environment of collaboration and partnership to drive the program forward
As a Project Manager, you will:
- Engage with the business to define and create front to back project plans
- Implement an uniformed operating structure across multiple delivery streams
- Track and communicate project status across
- Manage program and project level risks by defining, mitigating and escalating as needed
Must have skills/talents:
- Comfort in new program space and creating structure from ambiguity
- Customer/client relationship skills; ability to develop relationships quickly
- Delivery focused; ability to analyze a situation and provide responses in a concrete, confident manner
- Ownership - desire to own the responsibility and the drive to accomplish positive technical and organizational results
- Collaborative – work well within a team – ability to listen and contribute
- Experience with industry proven Project Management methodologies (Agile, Scrum, etc.); project oversight including building and implementing plans
Nice to have:
- Degree or experience in engineering, computer science or technical disciplines
- Agile certification
- Six sigma certification (Green or Black belt in DMAIC and/or DMADV)
Location: New York - 250 Vesey Street (World Financial Center), New York, NY