Data Manager (Closed)
SkillStorm is seeking a Data Manager for our client in Charlotte, NC. Candidates must be able to work on SkillStorm's W2; not a C2C position. EOE, including disability/vets.
- This role is responsible for developing and delivering complex requirements to accomplish business goals for Enterprise Metadata platform based on collibra. This platform integrates with various local Technical and Business Glossary metadata repositories to expose this data in an easy to search centralized user interface that is integrated with Collibra. Key responsibilities of the role include ensuring that software is developed to meet functional, non-functional, and compliance requirements. This role ensures solutions are well designed with maintainability/ease of integration and testing built-in from the outset. This individual should possess strong proficiency in development and testing practices common to the industry, and have extensive experience of using design and architectural patterns.
- Contribute to story refinement/defining requirements.
- Participate and guide team in estimating work necessary to realize a story/requirement through the delivery lifecycle.
- Perform spike/proof of concept as necessary to mitigate risk or implement new ideas.
- Code solutions and unit test to deliver a requirement/story per the defined acceptance criteria and compliance requirements.
- Utilize multiple architectural components (across data, application, business) in design and development of client requirements.
- Assist team with resolving technical complexities involved in realizing story work.
- Design/develop/modify architecture components, application interfaces, and solution enablers while ensuring principal architecture integrity is maintained.
- Design/develop/maintain automated test suites (integration, regression, performance).
- Set up and develop a continuous integration/continuous delivery pipeline.
- Automate manual release activities.
- Mentor other Software Engineers and coach team on CI-CD practices and automating tool stack.
- MS SQL Server
- Strong Technical and Analytical skills including problem solving ability.
- Minimum of 5+ years of related experience in data-driven and Governance-focused business.
- Strong communication skills.
- Experience working with technical metadata/physical data elements in collibra or similar tool.
- Experience designing and managing a business glossary for a complex financial organization.
- Data Management and Data governance experience preferred.
- Experience working in Agile teams.
- Knowledge of Metadata methodology – relationships between data elements and business elements
- Experience on any Metadata tool such as Collibra.
- Experience working with Java/Python or any other programming language in prior experience
- Prior experience in Metadata management
- Domain knowledge of one or more financial