Cognos Administrator (Closed)
SkillStorm is seeking a Cognos Administrator for our client in Charlotte, NC. Candidates must be able to work on SkillStorm's W2; not a C2C position. EOE, including disability/vets.
- Deliver complex data solutions via Cognos software to accomplish technology and business goals. Key responsibilities include Server Architecture, Administration, and SDK code design experience and delivery tasks associated with the integration, cleaning, transformation and control of data in operational and analytics data systems. Guide stakeholders, Product Owners, and Software Engineers through the design and execution processes. Provide technical thought leadership based on the significant experience and Business Intelligence best practices. Implement multiple complex data solutions that require integration across multiple data flows and systems.
- Agile tools (Jira)
- 7 - 10 years Cognos experience in an enterprise shared large scale multi-tenanted environment. Cognos administrator experience including technical support; troubleshooting report design; monitoring system usage. Deployment of Cognos in a clustered environment and performing upgrades required. Implement and document best practices for a Cognos Environment. Experience in Linux based operating system environment and well versed in Linux OS commands. Ability to cross-train team. Implementation of proactive Cognos environment health checks. Cognos user groups, security, and user entitlement administration. Needs to be able to perform performance monitoring, capacity planning, and tuning for multiple groups within the environment. Experience with Cognos User LDAP/Active Directory Integration /Synchronization preferred. Must be able to assist developers and troubleshoot Cognos reports, dashboards, and the environment. Ability to provide 24 by 7 production support for Cognos in an on- rotation with excellent communication skills required. Ability to work independently as well as in a team. Any other BI tool experience such as MSTR/Tableau is a plus.
- Serve as an integral member of the Enterprise Cognos team responsible for the following: Plan enterprise server deployments, on premises and cloud-based. Investigate and resolve complex server issues.
- Monitor, maintain, and scale server deployments to satisfy business requirements.
- Automate server monitoring and maintenance tasks.
- Write effective Java or Python based scripts to call API based data sources and yield Cognos data extracts.
- Support SDK object-oriented reports.
- Compile and analyze data, processes, and codes to troubleshoot problems and identify areas for improvement.
- Drive an effective culture of analytics, promoting business intelligence and visualization best practices with Cognos software within the Enterprise Business Intelligence Technology (EBIT) ecosystem.
- Provide learning opportunities for Cognos developers to design effectively for performance within Cognos web portal and Cognos Server.
- Drive recurring engagements with the user community to understand their needs and recommend optimal reporting solutions where Cognos is appropriate and recommend other core BI tools where Cognos is not the ideal solution.
- Liaise extensively with the 3rd party vendor/s (IBM, Motio & Progress) to execute a centralized, cohesive marketing, training, and adoption program that focuses on maximizing current investment in the product.
- Effectively engage the vendor to support the needs of EBIT on behalf of our Cognos user community via demonstrations, consultations, and expertise against a wide range of business intelligence related topics applicable within the Bank's Risk Appetite.
- Provide guidance and personalized support at scale to help the
- Bank's organizations succeed with Cognos.
- Serve as primary point of contact during initial engagements to help determine if Cognos is the right tool for a given challenge.
- Coordinate and drive Cognos specific learning events on a recurring basis for targeted vs broad audiences across the Enterprise.
- Train and guide the EBIT Cognos user community on reporting solutions that integrate effectively with Risk and Data Management standards.
- Overlook development activities from gathering requirements and designing solutions, through reports, to testing and release /deployment.
- Build comprehensive dashboards and reports using Cognos web portal.
- Research and
- identify needs, goals, and business models by collaborating with the end users, stakeholders and
- support partners.
- Perform administrative and support activities across a multi-environment Cognos infrastructure including security administration, release management, troubleshooting and general systems maintenance.
- Review assess current state and identify improvement opportunities and best practice recommendations.
- Define, establish and lead effective routines and reporting mechanisms to drive the maturation of service operations.
- Experience with industry BI/Reporting toolsets including Tableau, MicroStrategy, Cognos, Power BI, ThoughtSpot
- Experience with connecting to Hadoop, Oracle Sybase, DB2, Netezza, Teradata, and SQL databases.
- Experience with Data Science integration and application (Python, R)
- Experience with ETL tools (Informatica)
- Experience with Financial services data and large data volumes. Extremely Customer focused.