Cloud DevOps Engineer (Closed)
SkillStorm is seeking a Cloud DevOps Engineer for our client in Pennington, NJ. Candidates must be able to work on SkillStorm's W2; not a C2C position. EOE, including disability/vets.
- Cloud DevOps Engineer will be responsible for the overall design, implementation and management of Cloud development platform and associated infrastructure and testing automation. Candidate will also be responsible for ensuring solutions are efficient, scalable, reliable, secure, and following industry best practices in enterprise DevOps and cloud computing.
- The Cloud Development and Enablement (CDE) team at Bank of America is responsible for building industry leading cloud development platforms for on-prem, hybrid and multi clouds. The team is also responsible for building scalable, flexible and modern application and infrastructure pipelines, cloud application architectures and enabling cloud journey through migration and modernization practices.
- You will be part of a DevOps automation team focused on the ongoing transformation and adoption of automation initiatives aligning to our Development Experience (DevEx) strategy. You will aid in the alignment and enablement of strategic tool offerings within our engineering community while designing, building and delivering solutions where one does not exist.
- Application deployment automation and creation and management of CICD pipelines for on-prem, internal and external cloud-based platforms
- Helping with the on-boarding of new projects, developers, applications and new software tools
- Help define and refine user stories and acceptance criterion in achieving desired outcomes
- Collaborate as part of a global and diverse team, with clients across the globe
- Communicate with users, developers and other DevOps teams to get projects delivered
- Collaborate with platform, security and control teams to ensure firms policies are adhered
- 2+ years’ experience working with one or more cloud providers like Azure, AWS, GCP
- 5+ years overall experience in a DevOps role
- Proficiency in one or more programming languages: Java, .NET, Python.
- Experience with container management utilizing Docker & Kubernetes, and IaC tools such as Terraform.
- Knowledge of test automation frameworks - Cucumber/Gherkin, Selenium, Litmus Test
- Experience in modern software development lifecycle (SDLC) and with DevOps mentality and test-driven development approaches
- Experience in the design and implementation of CI/CD pipeline processes; automated build and test systems with one or more cloud service providers
- Experience implementing shift left methodologies incorporating security early in the pipeline
- Experience in modern Agile/Scrum development methodologies
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Associate or Intermediate level industry certification in DevOps
- Expertise with multiple IaC tools like Cloud Formation, ARM templates
- Experience in monitoring frameworks for Cloud systems
- Experience with Policy as Code tools and enforcement in pipeline
- Experience with CI/CD open source and vendor frameworks
- Experience with support models and configuration management systems like Ansible
- Experience in the financial industry is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Computer Science or similar
- Advanced level industry certification in DevOps