C# / .NET / Python Developer (Closed)
SkillStorm is seeking a C# / .NET / Python Developer for our client in Addison, TX. Candidates must be able to work on SkillStorm's W2; not a C2C position. EOE, including disability/vets.
- Merrill Lynch Commodities is a global organization with major trading centers in Houston and London. The Houston office currently trades both physical and financial commodities, including Natural gas, Power, Coal, Crude & Products, and Commodity Indices.
Team Specific Structure and Responsibilities:
- (Team Function, Structure, Size, Responsibility, upcoming projects)
- The Global Commodities Index Construction and Administration Tools (ICAT) front office technology team develops and supports the front-office applications responsible for globally trading commodity indices including index modeling, risk/valuation, reporting and market making infrastructure. This particular role will report into the MLCI IT department, GCIP ICAT technology team.
Role Specific Responsibilities:
- (Role Summary, specific responsibilities, challenges, reasons for applying etc)
- This role will involve developing and supporting the server side & UI components of the commodity index technology suite of applications used by the GCIP traders in Houston and London. The role will require close interaction with the traders and sales people, understanding their requirements, and developing and/or enhancing existing solutions to meet their needs. The candidate will also be responsible for analysis, design, implementation and testing of various components of an externally available web application.
- 5 to 10 yrs development experience in a complex application development (client and/or server) using C#/.NET and/or python along with a background in messaging; Experience with SQL database development. UI development experience. College graduate with a Bachelors technical degree with strong computer science fundamentals or equivalent experience.
- Agile development practices with a focus on writing thorough and testable code. Experience developing desktop applications using C#/.NET, WPF. Experience supporting commodities trading and market making.