Business Event Analyst
SkillStorm is seeking a Technical Business Analyst for our client in Charlotte, NC. Candidates must be able to work on SkillStorm's W2; not a C2C position. EOE, including disability/vets.
- A Business Event Tech Analyst II is responsible for developing and delivering data solutions to accomplish technology and business goals in Digital Banking applications. Key responsibilities include working with stakeholders to understand their reporting needs, capture their requirements, perform impact analysis, and then working to refine the requirements into customer activity event design specifications that can be executed by the Development Team(s). Additional responsibilities include delivery tasks associated with the integration, transformation, and quality control of data in operational and analytics data systems. They work with stakeholders, Product Owners and Software Engineers to aid in the implementation of data requirements, analyze performance, conduct research, and troubleshoot any issues. They are responsible for coordinating final reporting with Line of Business and all Reporting and Analytics teams for new Digital Banking initiatives. These individuals are familiar with the data engineering practices of the bank and possess a working knowledge of the business/technical domain and the main applications within that domain that they are assigned to support.
- Expert level experience in Microsoft Office Tools: Outlook, Skype, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Ability to “level set” and explain what is possible to non-technical business users
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to identify data issues
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Strong knowledge of multiple data repository solutions such as Teradata, Hadoop, Oracle
- Knowledge of Web Analytics and Business Intelligence solutions
- Application development methodologies (Agile, Waterfall) including quality, stability and performance "best practices"
- Experience working in project teams, both co-located and virtual, with some Project leadership/management experience
- Drive to learn and get things done
- Knowledge of Quality Control Tools, Estimation.
- Some experience with UX/Web page design concepts
- Attitude toward being a team player in a multi-cultural and global team environment