Business / Data Analyst (Closed)
SkillStorm is seeking a Business / Data Analyst for our client in Charlotte, NC OR New Jersey. Candidates must be able to work on SkillStorm's W2; not a C2C position. EOE, including disability/vets.
- This role is responsible for capturing and supporting delivery of business and/or system requirements (based on specialization) to accomplish business goals for Data Domain Catalog Application which integrates with various local Technical and Business Glossary metadata repositories to expose this data in an easy to search centralized user interface that is integrated with Collibra. Key responsibilities include working with stakeholders to understand their needs, capture their requirements, perform impact analysis, and then working closely with the Development Team(s) to refine the requirements into specifications that can be executed by the development team. The Individual should possess a working knowledge of the business/technical domain and the main applications within that domain.
- Understand stakeholder needs to help envision and create a solution to solve a problem.
- Support cost/benefit analysis to align technology solutions to business strategy.
- Gather and catalog functional, non-functional, and technical requirements for stakeholder requests.
- Provide subject matter expertise within the business/technical domain to support scope and requirement decisions
- Determine the impact of modifications and enhancements to applications and assist with identifying integration points and the end-to-end solution design.
- Ensure changes to the application are compliant with bank standards and policies
- Work closely with the Collibra vendor to ensure changes meet bank requirements including assisting with acceptance testing where needed.
- Assist users and development teams in application testing and troubleshooting, and may help with test planning and configuring test solutions to validate functional and system needs.
- Document processes, procedures and workflows associated with applications.
- Participate in continuous improvement efforts to create, analyze, and improve processes and solutions.
- Create, maintain and present training materials for end-users.
- Strong Analytical skills including problem solving ability.
- Has knowledge of software development but has not been involved in hands-on application development/coding.
- Has experience with data technologies and contributed to the development of a data system. They have a basic understanding of metadata and data lineage concepts, and the business domain.
- Understands risks and can apply the controls necessary to mitigate. Knows when to escalate risks.
- Strong communication skills.
- Experience designing and managing a business glossary for a complex financial organization preferred.
- Data Management and Data governance experience preferred.
- Experience working in Agile teams.
- Experience on any Metadata tool such as Collibra or willingness to learn the tool.