Business Analyst (Closed)
SkillStorm is seeking a Business Analyst for our client in Jersey City, NJ. Candidates must be able to work on SkillStorm's W2; not a C2C position. EOE, including disability/vets.
- The RDS team provides reference, market and pricing data to a number of systems and components in the Prime Brokerage Margin and Risk Technology (PBMRT) space. We serve a horizonal function across a wide range of systems and components and, as such, our data quality, data integrity and systems reliability are of paramount importance to us.
- Our team is embarking on a journey of modernization and refactoring, replacing our current legacy environment with a redesigned and reimagined suite of high performance, highly resilient, fault tolerant services. The existing system will be retired surgically and strategically with the introduction of each refactored service. As we are a live system it's important for us to maintain serving our existing clients while we replace legacy services.
- We are looking for an experienced business analyst to join our team. The ideal candidate is confident and self-assured, comfortable in a user-facing role and has a deep understanding of financial instruments and products. This is an exciting opportunity for the right candidate to make their mark on a growing, global team.
- The successful candidate will work with the lead engineer and product owner to design, analyze, and develop key project deliverables.
- Understand business requirements through driving discussions and workshops.
- Document requirements in agreement with internal clients within project timescales.
- Work with users and team members to identify innovative solutions and implement them.
- Produce functional specifications, use cases and related documentation.
- Provide guidance to designers, developers & users.
- Ensure effective communication takes place to meet these responsibilities.?
- Agile tools (Jira)
- Experience in Banking/Finance with a deep understanding of financial instruments.
- Master degree or equivalent experience.
- Post qualification work experience.
- Strong communication skills. ?Must be comfortable in a user-facing role.
- Strong documentation skills. Should be comfortable communicating visually.
- Experience in Prime Brokerage and Margin highly desirable.
- Experience with SQL queries and data analytics a plus.
- Experience with JIRA/Agile processes a plus.