Application Programmer V (Closed)
SkillStorm is seeking a Python Developer for our client in Charlotte, North Carolina. Candidates must be able to work on SkillStorm's W2; not a C2C position. EOE, including disability/vets.
- The Global Risk Analytics Technology team is looking for a talented and highly motivated senior candidate to develop and architect GRA Core Platform, an Apache Spark based distributed analytics platform.
- The platform is a key enabler for our risk organization as it provides regulatory reporting for various federal and international agencies.
- The role is for a hands-on senior developer with distributed computing technologies experience. The role requires deep understanding of Python in order to enhance and support the model development and execution platform for Global Risk Analytics.
- Design and build horizontally scalable components within the major platform that the team is developing
- Review and provide code feedback in terms of best practices with keen eye towards performance and stability optimizations
- Become subject matter expert on code deployed on our platform and provide Spark/Big Data consulting support to other developers
- Write reusable and extendable code and become a key contributor of the core platform
- Consistently work to make our software simpler
- Challenge yourself and your peers to always improve
- Expertise in functional and object-oriented programming, specifically in Python
- Experience in databases (relational/document/etc.) including NoSQL databases
- Strong in Algorithms and Data Structures
- Experience building distributed and scalable complex services as well as robust micro services
- Experience in writing unit tests in pytest or unittest
- Working knowledge of CI/CD pipelines and automation
- Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive
- Self-motivated with a strong work ethic and a passion for learning and problem solving
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Math