Android Architect (Closed)
SkillStorm is seeking an Android Architect for our client in Atlanta, GA. Candidates must be able to work on SkillStorm's W2; not a C2C position. EOE, including disability/vets.
- We are looking for a Senior Android Architect, who will help us expand and maintain Payment Application for Android ecosystem. As a Senior Leader you will you help with architecture strategy, solutions and delivery. You will be hands-on leader setting examples with proof of concepts, reference implementations, and you’ll support architectural guides and present the work. You will be a key member of the Payment team, and will share design, development, and support responsibilities within the team. -Design and refactor the company’s Android Applications that power the Payment Terminals -Contribute to overall architecture and design, working closely with the other architects to execute on long term vision for the company -Hands on development, plus contributing to the overall software life cycle including participating in code reviews, setting coding standards and introducing new technologies to the team -Work with Quality Assurance and developers to ensure software builds meet system, functional and performance requirements and adhere to corporate polices such as security and privacy -Participate in the design and planning of enhancements to existing products and development of new products -Strong work ethic and ability to work independently, as well as in an Agile development environment
- At least 10 years of hands-on experience in mobile development using the Android SDK -Proficiency in writing testable and maintainable code in Kotlin and / or Java with a focus on design patterns and SOLID principles. Experience with clean architecture is a big plus. Very good knowledge and experience in understanding and using MVVM and Android Jetpack components. Experience with MVI and proper state management is a big plus. Proper understanding of threading and concurrency, with an emphasis on reactive programming Practical knowledge in networking, persistence and development of custom UI components Skilled in source control management and code review processes. Experience with CI/CD is a big plus. Innovative and active in contributing ideas, solving problems and defining project architecture Able to understand the business behind the application in detail Capable of translating current and future end user requirements and expectations into products and solutions Very good knowledge in Agile principles and methodologies Able to give estimates for new features based on minimal requirements / specifications, to prioritize and break down the work into milestones and sprints Ownership in the team’s technical development plans, as well as in planning and delegating work for the development team Able to identify and escalate risks / issues, and work with engineering management to overcome them Proactive attitude with a drive to improve mobile engineering architectures and processes. Able to deliver technical presentations and demos within the team. Facilitating knowledge sharing, coaching and mentoring within the team is a big plus. Continuous learner interested in knowledge sharing
- Software development experience in payment services. Experience with (Android) POS devices is a plus.
- Knowledge of security, cryptography, EMV and card payment systems.
- Experience with Componentization / Modularization to support different hardware and OS.